Thanks to Jimmy “Hey Let’s Recreate All of the 90s in Real Time” Fallon, Saved by the Bell nostalgia is at a fever pitch this week. Brooklyn’s minor league baseball team has taken notice too. So tuck your shirt into your jeans because the Coney Island Cyclones announced yesterday they’re hosting a Saved by the Bell night this summer against the Tri-City ValleyCats (yes, that is their actual name). It will feature some of your favorite retro-humping 90s high school gags that are sure to leave a green ring of joy around your finger. Players in the June 24 game will sport those special jerseys above, and the themed antics will include a Zack Morris “TIMEOUT” race around the bases, an Oldest Cell Phone in the Park contest and, naturally, an “I’m so excited!” fan cam. If you’re a fan, you might say this event will take the fun to the MAX. More details on how to screech screech screech for the home team here:
It’s part of a season-long Way Back Wednesday series, so expect more theme nights coming soon (perhaps a similar but less popular California Dreams night?).
- Pre-game “Sprain” Dancing Competition
- A.C. Slater’s Sitting Backwards Musical Chairs
- I’m So Excited Fan Cam
- Mr. Tuttle’s Learner’s Permit On-Field Obstacle Course
- Screech Powers Chess Tournament on the Concourse Level
- Kiss Cam complete with the usual “WOOOOOOOOOOOW” sounds since our game will also be taped in front of a live studio audience
- Anyone named Johnny Dakota is banned from the ballpark because we “Say Nope to Dope”
- Oldest Cell Phone in the Ballpark Competition
- Friendship bracelet station on the concourse…singing “Friends Forever” will be optional.
- Zack Morris TIMEOUT Race Around the Bases – kids will race around the bases, but most stop in their tracks every time they hear TIMEOUT.
- After the game, fans with perms or wearing stonewashed jeans will be allowed to run the bases.
The team will wear those jerseys inspired by the show, and they’ll be raffled off during the game too. You can’t buy tickets until May, so you can start applying for those summer jobs at Malibu Sands now.
Leave a Reply