1. Take a look at womens’ shorts at Ladies with Lenses: Women Killin’ It Behind the Camera, where the best shorts from the Vimeo channel “Ladies With Lenses” will be shown for a celebration of women who create beauty and magic on film, and the filmmakers behind each short will be present for Q&As. (Monday, Videology, $10)
2. Rep your humble beginnings at My Hometown, where native New Yorkers Ilana Michelle Rubin and Lana Schwartz invite some of the city’s funniest comedians to talk all about their hometowns: football games, pep rallies, makeout point? They want to hear it all. (Monday, Union Hall, $6)
3. Hear something different with Yemen Blues, a band that creates a powerful energy where the mambo and North African rhythms create a joyful and deep foundation, while the vocals remind the listener of ancient Arabic chants mixed with funk and blues. (Tuesday, Brooklyn Bowl, $15)
4. Spread your knowledge at Take Back the Speculum, a class offering information, tools and practice to empower you to step into your sovereignty and take charge of your choice, health, and sexual well being. (Tuesday, Hacienda Studio, suggested donation of $20)
5. Don’t waste space at Wasted! The Story of Food Waste and celebrate the work and mission of Anthony Bourdain with his film about the global food waste epidemic, and a short panel discussion about food waste and how we can make change. (Wednesday, Threes Brewing, FREE)
6. Please your ears with Sweet Release Musical Comedy, a musical comedy showcase that shines the spotlight on musical comedians, with Tim Platt, Ali Reed, and Mac Gostow. (Wednesday, Brooklyn Comedy Collective, $10)
7. Making sure the laundry gets done is part of #Adulting, where Michelle Buteau and Jordan Carlos welcome guests to break down the what, the how, the where and the why adulting is the puberty you opt into. (Thursday, Courtyard 1-2 of Industry City, $15)
8. Croon for a cause at Careoke for Breasts Pt. 2, an evening of raffles, drink specials, and karaoke to raise money, with all proceeds donated to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer foundation. (Thursday, Dromedary Bar, FREE)
9. Have you heard this one, 7 Comics Don’t Walk Into A Bar, an intimate comedy show on a roof where the proceeds go directly to the comedians, plus free craft beer until it runs out, with Anthony Devito, Katie Hannigan, and many more. (Friday, secret location, $10)
10. Get some girl power at Girls R Us showcasing girl talent with an environment full of feminine energy with an all-woman DJ lineup, female hosts and performers, plus free fruit and jungle juice. (Friday, Superchief Gallery, women FREE, men $5)
Get Into The Groove at an All Night Long dance party set to the soundtracks of the 80s and 90s with 80s anthems performed by kick-ass 10-piece cover band The Engagements, 90s hits spun by Party Like It’s 1999’s DJ Steve Reynolds, music video sing-alongs by SecretFormula, and 80s + 90s music videos from Music Video Time Machine. Just $5 in advance with promo code “Bananarama” or $10 at the door Buy tix
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply