1. Learn about accomplished women at Making Herstory and join third wave feminist and author Amy Richards as she celebrates remarkable women past, present and future in her new young adult compendium. (Monday, Brooklyn Historical Society, $15)
2. Avoid a faux-pas at Consent is Sexy: A Workshop and learn how to gracefully and playfully navigate boundaries and shared space both on and off the dance floor, and perhaps help others do the same. (Monday, House of Yes, FREE)
3. Get on theme at Now Hear This, a monthly songwriting showcase featuring local Brooklyn songwriters who create new music based on a specific theme or prompt. (Tuesday, Pete’s Candy Store, FREE)
4. Let them eat (human) cake at Tableaux: Eat the Rich, and draw or paint the models who will be dressed as their best Marie Antoinette or King George III before bringing a (theoretical) guillotine to their heads. (Tuesday, Lot 45, $5-10)
5. Learn about what happens around us at Weather 101, a lively presentation on weather concepts by an experienced yacht racing navigator. (Wednesday, ONE 15 Brooklyn Sail Club, FREE?)
6. Raise some money at Night of Self(less) Care, a benefit comedy show raising money for an organization that provides feminine hygiene products to women in shelters, featuring Jo Firestone, Shalewa Sharpe, and more. (Wednesday, The Bell House, $15-20)
7. Celebrate seven years of music, movement and love at The Get Down’s 7 Year Anniversary and e a huge lineup of special guests, blasts from the past, new favorite friends, extra sparkle, and extra sweat. (Thursday, House of Yes, $5-30)
8. Become a renaissance person and learn How to Tattoo, and learn how to use tattoo guns by practicing on melons, plus one beer or well drink from the bar. (Thursday, FIB Tattoo Bar, $36)
9. Make bad art at Playing With Failure, a drawing workshop that encourages people to engage in solo and group activities that inhibit their abilities to fully control the outcome of their drawings, producing revoltingly beautiful failures. (Friday, Magick Box, $5-10)
10. Race over to the Drag Race Viewing Party, and see your favorite television show on the big screen hosted by the big queen Madame Vivien V, plus special guest performers each week. (Friday, 3 Dollar Bill, FREE)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply