Stay informed about fundraisers and other anti-Trump events across NYC in our weekly activism roundup here.
1. Start off your V-Day week at The Future of Sex, where an all-female panel of sex pioneers — Gigi Engle, MacKenzie Peck, and Lidia Bonilla —will discuss everything from “teledildonics” (sure why not) to VR porn. (Monday, The Sweatshop, $15)
2. Hear hella humorous babble at The Talking Show, part talk show and part comedy, with performances from and chats with Aparna Nancherla, Subhah Agarwal, Rae Sanni, and Rebecca Vigil. (Monday, C’mon Everybody, $8)
3. & 4. We couldn’t settle on just two Valentine’s events, so here’s a selection: Literary Couples reading series, a Steamy Night at a Russian bathhouse, a V-Day history party, the sixth annual Unloveable Smiths/Morrissey tribute, a ’90s V-Day dance party, and an exotic burlesque freakshow. (Tuesday, varies)
5. Listen to a lively lecture at Gaysploitation in Animation, a multimedia discussion on homosexuality and the trappings of queerness as a narrative device in animated film. (Wednesday, Video Revival, $5)
6. Freak yourself out at the preview screening of XX, an all-female-helmed horror anthology featuring four dark tales written and directed by ladies. (Wednesday, Nitehawk Cinema, $16)
7. Rock out with rad chicks at Dames Who Give Damns, a benefit for the North Brooklyn Coalition Against Family Violence featuring Yucky Duster, The Shook Ones, London Plane, and FlirtClub. (Thursday, Bar Matchless, $10)
8. Be deeply embarrassed for others at Mortified, where folks share childhood artifacts, from journals to letters to poetry, in order to reveal stories about their lives. (Thursday, Littlefield, $10)
9. Queer it all up at Kweendom, an LGBTQ storytelling show featuring Jes Tom, Matt Grote, Lynae DePriest, and Patrick J. Reilly; donations accepted for Streetwise & Safe. (Friday, Pete’s Candy Store, FREE)
10. Take a tragic end to your Valentine’s week at Little Cinema’s immersive screening of Romeo & Juliet, with performances by The Love Show, live video remixing by CHNNLS, video art by Josh Slaby, and a lovers’ afterparty with DJ Dropkat. (Friday, House of Yes, $15)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!