[Ed note: Reminder, we now have a separate roundup for activism-focused events, which we encourage you to check out here.]
1. Be wowed by words at the always fabulous Franklin Park Reading Series, tonight with Amelia Gray, Lindsay Hunter, Samantha Hunt, Jac Jemc, and Sarah Rose Etter. (Monday, Franklin Park, FREE)
2. Travel through time for I Have a Crazy Idea From the Future, a variety show featuring neo-burlesque artist Melody Jane, comedian Brooke Arnold, storytellers Gail Thomas and Mike Cho, and DJ Freeze Frame. (Monday, Branded Saloon, FREE)
3. Get ready for a celestial phenomenon at NYSCI Solar Eclipse Prep, with short astronomy talks, DIY pinhole projector-making, and telescope-assisted views of the New York City sky. (Tuesday, The Diamond, $5–$10 suggested)
4. Celebrate a babe-owned bar at Boobie Trap Turns Three, with free Jell-O shots, a champagne toast, and a bevy of brilliant boob-themed décor. (Tuesday, Boobie Trap, FREE)
5. Love local literature at Ditmas Lit August, with readings from memoirist Melissa Febos, poet Donika Kelly, and fiction writers Christopher Hermelin and Anton Solomonik. (Wednesday, Hinterlands, FREE)
6. Raise a ruckus at the Summertime Balkan Music Spectacular, with foot-stomping tunes from Glas, Orkestar Chalgija, Kabile, Veveritse, and more. (Wednesday, Jalopy Theater, FREE)
7. Be awed by acrobatics at Live at the Archway: Big Sky Works, with a pop-up gallery, interactive art by Cara Lee Sparry, and circus performances from Big Sky Works all night. (Thursday, Dumbo Archway, FREE)
8. Adorn yourself in art at the Tattoodo Art Fair, a night market for tattoo artists to sell their other work, from books to t-shirts to jewelry to fine art prints and paintings. (Thursday, Brooklyn Bazaar, FREE)
9. Satiate your sweet tooth at DJs and Donuts, with tunes by Manila Social and handmade, hand-dipped donuts in Filipino flavors like Ube Bae and Buko Pandan. (Friday, Lazy Ibis, FREE)
10. Rock your emotions out at Ad Hoc’s House of Feelings VIII, featuring NOIA, Mr Twin Sister, Working Women, and Denitia. (Friday, Trans-Pecos, $10)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply