1. Liven up your Monday at the Silent Barn Fall Fundraiser, a week of programs featuring friends of the space, special guests, and secret headliners. (Monday, Silent Barn, $8–$20 suggested)
2. Set sail for Tight Ship Comedy Show, with jokes from Carly Ann Filbin, Lorelei Ramirez, Jess Salomon, Tessa Skara, and Melissa Stokoski. (Monday, Freddy’s, FREE)
3. Rock out for a good cause at the Hurricane Maria Benefit, starring Reanimadores, Lola Pistola, Pink Mexico, and Yaasss; proceeds to Puerto Rico’s ConPRmetidos. (Tuesday, Saint Vitus, $8)
4. Listen to tawdry tales at the Risk! and Bawdy Storytelling combined show, featuring sex-related true stories co-hosted by Kevin Allison and Dixie De La Tour. (Tuesday, Bell House, $15)
5. Thrash around at the NY Waste 20th Anniversary, a night of rock punk metal from Thornes, Cinema Cinema, The Threads, The Cuts, and Sweet Magma. (Wednesday, Lucky 13 Saloon, $8)
6. Go back in time at Cirque du Punk, taking you to 1980s NYC with music from Treads and performances by Tara McManus, Torrie Olgivie, Kira Fath, Gemini Blitz, and Juanita Cardenas (Wednesday, Lot 45, $20)
7. Travel way up north to the Taste of Iceland: Shortfish Screening, a program of six shorts by up-and-coming Icelandic filmmakers, followed by a directors’ Q&A. (Thursday, Nitehawk Cinema, FREE)
8. Show your line some love at the Miss Subways Extravaganza, a night of performances including “the classy, the trashy, the weird, and the whimsical,” all dedicated to our wonderful, terrible trains. (Thursday, City Reliquary, $20)
9. Have a ravishing time at the rink during the Bklyn Roller Disco, with DJ Shakey spinning you around and around all night. (Friday, Bklyn Skates, $10)
10. Go goth at Arkham: A Nightmare on Jefferson Street, with tunes from DJs Cyclonus and Zvetschka, Elm Street films, absinthe cocktails, and plenty of dark surprises. (Friday, Bizarre Bar, FREE)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply