1. Get less of the he said she said at They Said, a monthly reading and storytelling event with many different storytellers and an open mic to end the evening. (Monday, The Glove, FREE?)
2. Find me in the spotlight Decolonizing My Vagina, a performance piece of ritual, storytelling, and poetry exploring personal tales of love, devastation, and the tricky path to healing performed by Cristina Pitter. (Monday, JACK, $18)
3. See two solo performances back to back at Molly & Ian Do It Solo. In “Molly Brenner Is Not Coming,” you will find out what life is like with no, uh, climax. In “My Great Great Great Great Grandfather Sailed Alone Around The World And So Will I,” Ian recreates this epic event. (Tuesday, Pine Box Rock Shop, $5)
4. Join a clumsy dance contest at Short, Fast & Out of Control – On the Fritz where people (including you!) will be doing something completely with musical guest Keenan Montíèth. (Tuesday, The Footlight, $donation)
5. Nosh on sweets at Doughnuts & Comedy IV where you eat doughnuts and hear funnies from some of New York’s best comedians, featuring Selena Coppock and Robby Leon. (Wednesday, an apt. in Park Slope, $7)
6. Go skeeing at the Winter Skeeson Kickoff where they are partying in the name of the addition of four new high-tech skee-ball lanes where you can challenge players live in Austin, with an open bar and free skee-ball. (Wednesday, Full Circle Bar, FREE)
7. See drag in a different light at Failure: HUMOR celebrating the queer body through performance, conversation, and joyful debauchery, featuring talks on humor by Glace Chase, Le Petit Dumdum, Merrie Cherry, and Pearl Harbor. (Thursday, Bizarre Bar, $10)
8. Don’t cry at Emo Night NYC – 7 Year Anniversary where Do You Know Who You Are? honors their birthday by playing the best in old school emo, punk & post-hardcore from the ’90s through the 2010s. (Thursday, A Bar, FREE)
9. See a repeat performance at Groundhog Day Entirely From Memory where performers will attempt to recreate the film Groundhog Day using only what they can remember after watching the film one time, with fun rules like actors must incorporate lines written by the audience into the story. (Friday, Videology, $10)
10. Practice your moment of zen at Dance Lab 33, where, “Daniela Plattner will teach a class in the movement meditation practice of 5Rhythms, followed by an Ecstatic Dance with dreeemy, ending with a sound meditation with Kéren-Or Tayar and Scott Colberg.” (Friday, X Marks the Loft, $20)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply