1. Start your week out with laughs at the first installment of Good Luck Monday, with a solid 90 minutes comedy by Leland Long, Charlie Vergos, Rebecca Weiser, and more. (Monday, Halyard’s Bar, $5)
2. Bring out your hidden talent at The Gong Show, a gameshow contest of zany performances by you, so bust out an act you’ve been practicing in your room or make something up on the spot – anything goes. (Monday, The Keep, FREE)
3. Join your neighbors at Why Local Politics Matter To You for a civics refresher on how your state and city government work, how local politics impact your daily life, and how you can influece your local government. (Tuesday, We Work, FREE)
4. Watch ethereal performances at Equal Nox: Spring Into Dark Wave Feminism for an evening of feasting and performances, featuring talented women performers in a super sensory secret Brooklyn loft. (Tuesday, secret DUMBO location, $20+ donation)
5. Find yourself in the garden of good and evil at Think Olio: The Problem of Evil and engage in a discussion about the history, relativity and diversity of feelings about evil, and analyze the complexity of this concept. (Wednesday, Nowadays, $15)
6. Have a happy hump day at I Love Burlesque: Rock & Roll Edition, “a carefully curated naked rock extravaganza” featuring “The Queen of Rock and Roll Burlesque” Lucy Buttons, Velvetina Taylor, Minx Arcana, and more. (Wednesday, Dromedary Bar, FREE)
7. Party hard at Bessica & Chase Present: Spring Breakin’, where they’ll present a course in being your best spring break self, which isn’t actually your real self, but your party self. (Thursday, Countdown Theater, FREE)
8. Nobody puts baby in the corner at Dirty Dancing Entirely from Memory, where performers will recreate the movie using only what they can remember after watching the film one time, plus other ridiculous rules. (Thursday, Videology, $10)
9. Continue the legacy of the witch at the Venefica Magazine Launch Party, a community-supported publication released on the Spring and Autumn Equinoxes featuring commentary, art, poetry, and spell craft from occult-inspired writers & artists. (Friday, Catland, FREE)
10. Repeat history at F*ck You Revue: History Buffs where they’ll recount some of history’s most momentous occasions and notorious historical figures, but this time they’ll be naked. (Friday, Bizarre Bar, $10 suggested)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply