1. Get an intimate look into creativity at A Night of Reading with Yasiin Bey from Mos Def and explore sources of his inspiration, from selected poems to unfinished rhymes/concepts and Ethiopian throat singing. (Monday, Wythe Hotel, $25)
2. Hear strings at a brick and mortar at Jessica Pavone String Ensemble, the first release of Jessica’s newest incarnation for string ensemble featuring two violins and two violas called Brick and Mortar. (Monday, Roulette, $18-25)
3. Solve for n at the n+1 magazine reading party, where authors come to share and discuss their latest works in the latest edition of the publication, SAVIOR COMPLEX. (Tuesday, Verso Books, $10)
4. Skip the gender reveal party and go right to the Gender Experts Party, a night of queer and nonbinary open mic, standup, and storytelling, with a pay-what-you-want raffle followed by Queeraoke. (Tuesday, Metropolitan Bar, FREE)
5. Guess what’s in mystery cocktails at the Cocktail Chemistry Quest and uncover the surprising science of your favorite cocktails, hear from the masters behind the mixes, and test your palate to win amazing prizes for your team. (Wednesday, Littlefield, $30)
6. Drag yourself over to the Hot Mess Drag Competition, a night of drag queens, kings, queerdos, and weirdos as every kind of performer in the drag universe does whatever it takes to shock and amaze you. (Wednesday, House of Yes, FREE)
7. Be a comedy Superman at Random Hero: A Weekly Comedy Show, a night of stand-up comedy with NYC’s brightest and bravest performers, featuring Chris Gethard, Julia Shiplett, Martin Urbano, and more. (Thursday, Hart Bar, FREE)
8. Bring your thinking cap and some salt to Murder and Margaritas, where your caper will take you to 1950’a Mexico at the height of Dia De Los Muertos, with performances, pinatas, prizes, and more. (Thursday, 116 Meserole St, $10)
9. Sharpen your skills at Killer Queen Black Release Party and celebrate the launch of the newest Killer Queen update and play other indie games within an LGBTQIA+ inclusive space presented by NYC Gaymers. (Friday, Wonderville, FREE)
10. Swipe right on Tinder Live a totally improvised evening with ridiculous Tinder tips, tricks, and real-time swiping and messaging, with Lane Moore, Scott Rogowski, Cat Cohen and more. (Friday, Littlefield, $15-18)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply