We got an update this morning with all the details for that free Bike-In movie we posted earlier this week. The movie will be Ferris Bueller’s Day Off and will be shown tonight at 8pm at India and West streets at the water in Greenpoint. The event is an experimental first outing by the folks at Forking Tasty, and will be “a little bit bare bones,” but the group says it will step it up for future screenings. There will be popcorn, snacks and more. Read the rest of the details (including rain contingency plans) for tonight’s event below:
Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
8pm (movie will start on time), Saturday May 14
More details, from the Forking Tasty email:
1. We will have some popcorn on hand for your enjoyment. We’ll make as much as we can but it’s first come first serve. We highly encourage flavor sharing. For those Forking Tasty Supper fans, we are not providing a full dinner. Perhaps one day this becomes a Bike-In-Dinner-Theater. Baby steps for now.
2. We will have some water to sip on but feel free to bring your own drinks. Just a reminder that this is a public street and alcohol is not allowed to be publicly consumed.
3. There unfortunately isn’t a bathroom close by. Two blocks away are a bunch of bars which should do in a pinch.
4. Feel free to bring something to sit on. Blankets could work but there is not grass in this location. It’s all asphalt warehouse wall to warehouse wall. Plan accordingly.
5. In case of Rain, we will try for Sunday. In case of rain on Sunday we will try for next weekend. Don’t worry, we’ll let you know with a reminder email if the weather makes us push it out.
If you haven’t seen it in a while, maybe it’s time to test out the Ferris Bueller Fight Club theory tonight.