1. Tap into your emotions at the Emotional Fluidity Workshop and co-create a space where it is not only safe to experience our emotions and learn to consciously allow them to arise in our bodies and fully stay with the experience. (Monday, Lightning Society Lofts, $20-30)
2. Make your own last-minute gift at Mini Floral Embroidery Monogram and learn basic and advanced embroidery stitches and leave with a finished 3″ piece, ready to hang. (Monday, Brooklyn Brainery, $25)
3. Gather and make merry at A Musical Christmas Eve for a musical evening hosted by Diego Voglino with a jam session gathering of rock, country, and jazz musicians, and singers. (Tuesday, Halyards, FREE)
4. Sneak out late night for Hallelujah: A Christmas Spectacular where a baby is born, and unto us a show is given, with performances by Emi Grate, Vena Cava, Martyr, and more. (Tuesday, The Vault in Brooklyn, FREE)
5. Impress your parents with Christmas Day Bach with Julian Schwarz and Marika Bournaki playing an afternoon of Bach classics. (Wednesday, Bargemusic, Ltd., $75)
6. Get away from your parents at Xmas Night Celebration for a trash-talking afterparty with a comedy show in the back followed by karaoke. (Wednesday, Pine Box Rock Shop, FREE)
7. See ’em strip at New Flesh Burlesque and sip a craft cocktail and pose with wax specimens while you watch New York’s hottest burlesque performers strip down in the strangest of ways. (Thursday, House of Wax, FREE)
8. Keep warm in your ugly sweater at Dirty Thursday: Ugly Sweater Party and embrace your filth on the dance floor, shake it off, sweat yourself clean, and get dirty all over again. (Thursday, House of Yes, FREE)
9. Test your knowledge at Trivia Night: Deck the Hall, Drop the Ball where you can play as a team or solo during three rounds + a lightning round, but only one epic trophy. (Friday, Archestratus Books + Foods, FREE)
10. Dance off holiday calories at Diana Vs. Donna, a Diana Ross and Donna Summer party with The Illustrious Blacks and special guests. (Friday, C’mon Everybody, $5-10)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply