1. Sit for some screeners at Waves of Black, which features six films by black creators which demonstrate different narratives of the black culture, and after each screening attendees will be able to ask questions regarding the film. (Monday, Starr Bar, FREE)
2. Don your darkest black for Goth Mom, an experimental and inclusive variety comedy show that centers everyone who usually isn’t hosted, and will be outré, monastic, stylish and familiar. (Monday, Trans-Pecos, FREE)
3. Learn the about the 5th largest immigrant community in NYC at Brooklyn’s Guyana, and join three of Guyana’s leading female literary voices to explore the politics and role of migration in Brooklyn’s dynamic community. (Tuesday, Brooklyn Historical Society, $5)
4. Pull up a seat on the john for The History of Toilets, exploring the long and fascinating history of toilets, from ancient Mesopotamia to today, and learn things like how toilets have been useful in wars, and the best reasons to visit Japan. (Tuesday, Brooklyn Brainery, $10)
5. Dance off the impending calories at Tainted Love 80s Dance Party, and dig deeper into the catalog of hits and overlooked misses from the late 70s through the early 90s that blur the lines between analog and digital, disco and synthpop, funk, and hip-hop. (Wednesday, The Bell House, FREE)
6. There’s room for naughty and nice at Spanksgiving, a night of exotica themed entertainment, go-go, and fun, with the striptease talents of Lydia Vengeance, Audrey Love, Ivory Fox, and more kinky acts. (Wednesday, Dromedary Bar, FREE)
7. Leave dinner early and meet someone new at Cuffed Up: A Singles Party, and prepare for cuffing season by sipping some drinks with cute strangers at an aptly named bar, with drink specials throughout the evening. (Thursday, Turkey’s Nest Tavern, FREE)
8. Embrace your filth on the dance floor at Dirty Thursday: Dirty Turkeys for a night of gratitude, pumpkin pie, food coma nap zone, scrumptious beats, and dance floor gluttony, so break a sweat, move your body and put your caloric intake to good use. (Thursday, House of YES, FREE)
9. Get a jump on holiday gifts at Black Friday: The Pop Up, which will deliver a complete variety of vendors, healers, and masseuses, plus art and performances ranging from jazz to poetry. (Friday, 459 Myrtle Ave, FREE)
10. You betta gobble at Queersgiving and do some good by bringing leftover canned goods to benefit The Bowery Mission, then dance the night away to house, soul, disco and funk music. (Friday, C’mon Everybody, $5)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply