1. Slam it back at the Brooklyn Poetry Slam, bringing together Brooklyn’s best slam poets for a gathering of words and wisdom hosted by Mahogany L. Browne, followed by an open mic. (Monday, BRIC, FREE)
2. Survey says: go to The Devil’s Advocate: Comedy Game Show, bringing you a devious line up of NYC comics and a ‘Family Feud’ style game show where comedians try to guess the upside of horrifying scenarios. (Monday, The Way Station, FREE)
3. Dance like no one’s watching (because they can’t) at No Lights No Lycra, a weekly dance jam in the dark for the pure joy of just dancing, so let those moves loose. (Tuesday, Park Church Co-Op, $5)
4. Hack into the main frame at Coders: Clive Thompson in Conversation with Anil Dash, where they examine the intersection of coding and groundbreaking developments for a more humane, inclusive and ethical technology industry. (Tuesday, Books are Magic, FREE)
5. Walk, jog, or run to the Wednesday Group Run, where are welcome to an informal meetup for people with many difference paces, abilities, and running histories attend. (Wednesday, Grand Army Plaza, FREE)
6. Figure it out at Wing It! Live, where comedians take on crazy situations with assistance from the audience, such as escaping a laughing gas apocalypse while armed with 3 ridiculous (and unhelpful) tools. (Wednesday, Brooklyn Strategist, FREE)
7. Fill out your bracket for One Liner Madness, where comedians go head to head in a single-elimination, bracket-style, fast-paced, one-liner joke contest, from 64 comics to a grand champion in just 90 minutes. (Thursday, The Bell House, $10-15)
8. See the internet IRL at Blocked and Reported, a celebration and exhibition of online meme content, featuring Comment Awards, HaHaLet’sChill, BunnyMemes, and more. (Thursday, The Woods, FREE)
9. Fists in the air for Punk Rock Karaoke and sing your favorite punk songs not on traditional karaoke song lists to benefit Action Against Fascism & Xenophobia. (Friday, Pine Box Rock Shop, $10 suggested donation)
10. Skank it up at Ska, Punk, 80s Schlock, where DJ Ryan Midnight will spin his patented mix of ska you’ve come to know and love, plus an assortment of old school punk and guilty pleasure 80s schlock 45s. (Friday, Project Parlor, FREE)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply