1. Keep his message alive at The 33rd Annual Brooklyn Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., NYC’s largest public celebration, bringing world-renowned activists, public figures, and civic leaders together with musicians and other performers to pay tribute to King’s legacy. (Monday, BAM, FREE)
2. See unique stories at Exponential Festival Showcase #1, featuring four showcases from performing artists titled “How to Have Fun While Still Hating the World,” “Pasty: A Pale Ghost Story,” and more. (Monday, The Glove, $10)
3. See teeth in the wild at ‘The Wake’ Exhibition Opening: Screening + Panel, a multi-disciplinary work spanning film, installation, painting and performance, followed by the panel “Creative Practice and Mental Health” moderated by MacEwan. (Tuesday, Cooler Gallery, FREE)
4. Stretch your brain at Ask Me Another with Bob The Drag Queen and Monet X Change, a rambunctious hour that blends brainteasers and local pub trivia night with comedy and music where the audience plays along. (Tuesday, The Bell House, $15-20)
5. Get your biggest refund at Tax Tips for Freelancers and learn how the new tax law will affect your taxes, how to take a home office deduction, how to set up and make quarterly tax payments, and more, plus free pizza. (Wednesday, Brooklyn Coop, FREE)
6. Learn to use tarot for more than just readings at Tarot Manifestation Workshop, where Chelsey Caswell (aka The Real Housewitch) gives a lesson in which cards are best for manifesting better finances, love, peace, creativity, good fortune, and more. (Wednesday, Catland, $10)
7. Party with a purpose at Roe vs. Wade Forever and mark Roe v. Wade’s 46th anniversary by raising funds with raffles, swag bags, music from Jennifer Vanilla and others, live drawing, interactive performances, and more. (Thursday, Union Pool, $15-50)
8. Wonder how humanity might go extinct at How I Learned to Start Worrying and Love Humanity for an eye-opening exploration of existential risks, and the reasons why we humans might not be around a hundred or so years from now. (Thursday, The Bell House, $25)
9. Test your charts at Astrology: The Basics of Love and Compatibility, where you’ll be given the tools to understand and read compatibility between two people beyond simple sun sign comparisons and into the depths of each individuals cosmic relationship to others. (Friday, Awakening NY, $25)
10. Get mashed like a potato at Bootie NYC: ’90s Mashup Night, taking your favorite music from the ’90s – from Nirvana to Prodigy, Snoop Dogg to Spice Girls – and mashing them into mixes to keep you dancing all night long. (Friday, Brooklyn Bowl, $10)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply