1. Take a trip around the sun with Queers N Peers First Anniversary, showcasing LGBTQ artists and allies in different performance disciplines, from comedy to drag and beyond, while raising money for two charities. (Monday, Pine Box Rock Shop, FREE)
2. What’s old is new again at Thrift On Clothing Swap and bring your old clothes and stuff to donate to the rummage tables and find a new treasure while dancing to DJ Shakey. (Monday, The Keep, FREE)
3. Explore how the internet changes your brain at The Neuroscience of Digital Distractions and find out why our devices are so irresistible, and tips on how to stay focused in the age of digital distractions. (Tuesday, BKLYN Commons, $15)
4. Create a conversation at Pass The Porn: A Cinematic Social Experiment, featuring a curation of sex-positive, ethical erotic films with an underlying theme and panel for discussion. (Tuesday, House of Yes,
5. Be a kid again at Spoons Toons & Booze: Comic Con Edition, featuring your favorite Saturday morning cartoons (superhero themed) with a free sugary cereal bar, cheap beer, and a chance to win Comic Con tickets. (Wednesday, Nitehawk Cinema Prospect Park, $18)
6. Walk the red carpet at Bushwick Film Festival: Opening Night, exploring and celebrating stories through ‘space’ and ‘time’, literally and metaphorically with screenings of Dispel and The Ghost Who Walks. (Wednesday, House of Yes, $40)
7. Show up in solidarity at Rally Reading Series with three leading female literary warriors of the resistance perform, and offer them your questions, comments, and reactions. (Thursday, Pete’s Candy Store, FREE)
8. Rep your favorite subway line at Miss Subways 2019 for a night of performances spanning from classy to trashy and weird to whimsical, where contestants will demonstrate their devotion to their subway line of choice. (Thursday, Littlefield, $20-25)
9. Take a bite out of the night at Cooking: Bringing Ayurveda to Italy and apply Ayurvedic principles to north Italian cuisine with spinach risotto, the ultimate bowl full of comfort, plus more helpful and practical cooking tips. (Friday, Lightning Society Lofts, $30)
10. Have a full evening at Freaky Flame, the hot queer happening where a comedy open mic meets an LGBTQ+ social, followed by the dance party of your dreams. (Friday, Littlefield, $8-10)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply