1. Truly DIY at Fix Your Own Bike where you can use their tools and stands to work on your bike and experienced mechanics will be present to answer questions, but you do the work. (Monday, Time’s Up, FREE)
2. Dive in at New York Immersive Night and join the immersive community for a night of lightning talks, panels, and networking by luminaries from 29Rooms, Baobab Studios, House of Yes, Giant Spoon, and more. (Monday, House of Yes, $22-27)
3. Speak in code at Introduction to Writing Your Own Website in HTML and CSS, a practical introduction to the basics of creating personal blogs to full-fledged web applications, with no prior experience in web design needed. (Tuesday, Powrplnt, $25 suggested donation)
4. Learn some history at How Bay Ridge Became Bay Ridge – Book Launch, where author and local historian Henry Stewart will be joined by Dan Hetteix, cohost of Radio Free Bay Ridge, who will lead a Q&A before opening it up to the audience. (Tuesday, The Owl’s Head, FREE)
5. Get up close and personal at the Intimate Carriage House Dance Show, a social and highly intimate dance event ending with the performers joining the audience for drinks and conversation after the show. (Wednesday, 61 Local, $30)
6. See a rounded performance at Koo Koo the Bird Girl, weaveing together the traditions of sideshow with dance, theater, and history by exploring the social context of the freakshow and what life was really like for natural born freaks. (Wednesday, Coney Island USA, $15)
7. Wear your dinner pants to Chicken Parm Dinner, an evening of Sicilian, family-style food with three courses cooked by Archestratus owner Paige Lipari. (Thursday, Archestratus Books + Foods, $30)
8. Meet someone new at HumanKIND // A Perchance Party for Exceptional Singles for a sensorial evening of music, dancing, interactive art, serendipitous encounters and exceptional singles while celebrating the human experience. (Thursday, Fine & Raw Chocolate Factory, $45+)
9. Swim with the fishes at Aquarium Summer Nights and catch a late night sea lion show and meet some of the keepers, try your luck at animal trivia, and see the evening fireworks from the sharks exhibition. (Friday, New York Aquarium, $15)
10. Wiggle it around at Shake it Off: Taylor & Friends Dance Party and don’t stop dancing to tons of Taylor and her contemporary radio pop crew with DJ AZN Jake. (Friday, Brooklyn Bazaar, $10)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply