1. Perfect your people skills at Life Drawing and bring your tools to draw a professional life model with all skill levels welcome in a friendly environment in which to practice, create, and have a great time. (Monday, Old Stone House of Brooklyn, $10-15)
2. Ladies make ya laugh at Left Breast Comedy Hour, a matriarchal comedy extravaganza each month that features the best standup comedians, drag queens, and variety acts in New York. (Monday, Knitting Factory, FREE)
3. Hear the sounds of melting glaciers at Ecomusic and the Sounds of Climate Change and investigate how music and sound studies can change the way we think about our environment and can be used as a tool for advocacy. (Tuesday, Brooklyn Brainery, $11)
4. Get competitive at Tournament Tuesdays: Particle Mace and prove your Particle Mace skills with a projected tournament where the winner will receive a very prestigious trophy and drink tickets. (Tuesday, Wonderville, $3 to participate)
5. Collect some art at Flat File Prints Spring Sale for their first Flat File Sale, where they’ll be showcasing limited edition art prints of works by their talented member artists. (Wednesday, Paradice Palace, FREE)
6. Be shy and shine at Introvert Think-In: A Long Table for Shy Radicals where participants can join in, sit back, and listen to questions like how do you navigate NYC as an introvert, and what spaces in the city offer sanctuary for the quiet and awkward. (Wednesday, Wendy’s Subway, FREE)
7. See varied acts at Sxip Shirey’s Hour of Charm, an ongoing art variety show with performances by an electronic violinist, a Hatian electronic percussionist, a few singers, a finale of jank music you can dance to, and more. (Thursday, National Sawdust, $25)
8. Surround yourself with floating heads for New Flesh Burlesque, a strange and delightful burlesque show where you’ll watch New York’s hottest burlesque performers strip down in the strangest of ways. (Thursday, House of Wax, FREE)
9. Recognize disabled artists at Disability Artistry which will include an Alt-Text as Poetry workshop and Disability Arts Wikipedia Edit-a-thon as part of a wave of activism and media highlighting the work of disabled artists and disability artistry in NYC and beyond. (Friday, Eyebeam, FREE)
10. Dance goodbye to the Frida Kahlo exhibit at Dance Party: ¡Viva Frida Kahlo! with a night of dancing, musical tributes, and performances, with live music by Radio Jarocho, Chulita Vinyl Club, and much more. (Friday, Brooklyn Museum, $15-31)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply