[Ed note: Reminder, we now have a separate roundup for activism-focused events, which we encourage you to check out here.]
1. Treat yo’ self to some (free) summer duds at Thrift On!, a clothing-swap party soundtracked by DJ Shakey and special guests playing throwback tunes while you peruse. (Monday, The Keep, FREE)
2. Test your nostalgia knowledge at Totally ’90s Trivia: Girl Power, with four rounds of questions about music, TV, film, news, pop culture, and more, plus drink specials and themed prizes. (Monday, Way Station, FREE)
3. Laugh diversely at Brown Privilege Comedy, featuring Noah Gardenswartz, Charles McBee Comedy, Narinder Singh, Sonia Denis, plus tunes from DJ Shareen and snacks from Samosa Shack. (Tuesday, Friends & Lovers, FREE)
4. Get lost in the soundscape of the solstice at A Midsummer Night’s Immersive Fantasy, a magickal celebration of the shortest night of the year guided by dragon-solstice sorcerors Haribo, Elisa, Ziemba, and Jennifer Vanilla’s LARP Castle. (Tuesday, Secret Project Robot, $10)
5. Dance around outside for Make Music New York Summer, with 1,000+ concerts in more than 400 venues all around the city in public plazas, parks, community gardens, and everywhere else. (Wednesday, citywide, FREE)
6. Find a new perspective on our borough’s shoreline at Inspired by the Water’s Edge, a reading and panel discussion about Brooklyn’s waterfront with Jennifer Egan, Nicki Pombier, Elizabeth Albert, Marilyn Symmes, and Nathan Kensinger. (Wednesday, Brooklyn Historical Society, $5)
7. Have a high-energy night at Live at the Archway, this night presenting performances by H+, a nonprofit that works to preserve, evolve, and proliferate the art form of hip-hop dance. (Thursday, Dumbo Archway, FREE)
8. Take it back to high school at A Neo Burlesque Prom, with performances by Abby Fantastic, Crimson Kitty, Galatea Stone, Regal Mortis, and more. (Thursday, The Well, $15)
9. See someone find love at The BackFatlorette, where four single comedians—Pedro Salinas, Stavros Halkias, Frank Nelson, and Conor Delehanty—compete for the heart of burlesque dancer Vada James. (Friday, 61 Local, FREE)
10. Show the gals some love at Unit J Ladies Night, featuring music from Sara L’Abriola, Christine Cherry, and Megg Farrell, comedy from Lucy Shelby, and a dance party hosted by DJ Camille BWR. (Friday, Unit J, $8)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply