Stay informed about fundraisers and other anti-Trump events across NYC in our weekly activism roundup here.
Note: Check with organizers to see if any of these events are affected by the snowstorm.
1. Listen to a new frequency at Work x Work On Air, four days of curated programming celebrating the art of storytelling, podcasting, and experiential audio. (Friday through Sunday, Wythe Hotel, FREE)
2. Bring the gals to Eve Productions’ Queer Bingo Mingle, with hot numbers action followed by drink specials and dancing for queer ladies and their pals. (Friday, Club Xstasy, $5 per Bingo board)
3. Learn about dudeliness at It’s a Guy Thing, where Ziwe Fumudoh, Meaghan Strickland, Lucy Randall, and Hamm Samwich explain manly stuff to the womanly hosts. (Friday, Union Hall, $6)
4. Dress to the nines for Prom 2017, with music from The Mad Doctors, Dentist, Sirs&Madams, and The Rizzos; proceeds go to ACLU. (Friday, The Gutter, $5)
5. Embrace grrl power at the Boys Lie Ball, with DJs and The Bettys playing all night, plus a photobooth, midnight Donald Tr*mp piñata, and more. (Friday, Starr Bar, $5–$20 suggested)
6. Heal thyself at the Self-Care Fair, with an array of locally made goods and products, plus workshops all day, including Sexy Self-Care with Babeland and Skin Health with Wolf Medicine Magic. (Saturday, New Women Space, $10–$25)
7. Celebrate an incredible 40 years of UrbanGlass at Saturday Glass Fever, with open studios, hands-on activities, glassblowing demonstrations, and a disco soundtrack full of ’70s hits. (Saturday, UrbanGlass, FREE)
8. Howl at the moon with Coyote’s Dance, an interactive dance-play spectacle leading audiences into the world of the infamous mischief-maker from Native American cultures. (Saturday, Kumble Theater, $15)
9. Be dazzled at the Blunderland Variety Show, starring Claywoman, Sequinette, Vagina West, Ambros Martos, and more. (Saturday, House of Yes, $15)
10. Get weird at Wild Torus’ Creative Destruction, with performances by Maria Forqué and Sophie Sugarplum, Lorene Bouboushian, PAS Musique, and many more. (Saturday, Umbrella Factory, FREE)
11. Expect to get dirty at The Messy Show, a comedy variety show where every act has to make a mess, featuring John Sartori, Sam Taffel, Richard Templeton, Eric Yearwood, and Amanda Xeller. (Saturday, Superchief Gallery, $10)
12. Saunter over to a speakeasy for Meet Me in Paris: A Clandestine Cabaret, with live music, burlesque and variety acts, late-night dancing, and absinthe and other special libations. (Saturday, Gemini & Scorpio, $20)
13. Queer it up at Doodz, a drag showcase with performances from Sasha Velour, Olive d’Nightlife, Baby Radel, and Lady Simon. (Saturday, Flowers for All Occasions, FREE)
14. Wander through a wonderland at the Winter Cabaret Party, a night of comedy, love, theater, and music including tunes from DizeeChroma, Will Buckley, WaiWaiWai, and Shnayer. (Saturday, Mister Rogers, $10)
15. Trip out at the midnight mashup Dark Side of the Rainbow, a double-screen pairing of The Wizard of Oz and the famed Pink Floyd album. (Saturday, Syndicated, FREE)
16. Shop local at the Greenpointers Valentine’s Market, with 50+ vendors, live jazz, Prohibition cocktails and local beer, plus activities and a 3D paper rose photobooth. (Sunday, Greenpoint Loft, FREE)
17. Nosh on plenty of potatoes at the “Heroes of the Knish” opening reception, with illustrated knish lectures, knish trivia, and, of course, lots of knishes to much. (Sunday, City Reliquary, $10)
18. Ready yourself for Valentine’s at the Past Lover Cleansing Ritual, helping you process, gain clarity, dissolve, and release the old so you can leap forward into the new. (Sunday, Tarot Society Gallery, $15)
19. Secure your stuff at CryptoParty, where you’ll learn tools and tactics to protect your privacy online and secure your digital data. (Sunday, UnionDocs, FREE)
20. Be naughty at Safeword: Kinky Burlesque & BDSM, featuring fetish-inspired performances by Clara Coquette, Ericka Hart, Kita St. Cyr, Leona Beretta, and more. (Sunday, C’mon Everybody, $15)
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Stay involved with other fundraisers and anti-Trump events in our weekly activism roundup here.