1. Celebrate October Scorpios at Jenny’s 35th Birthday/Scorpio comedy party, where Jenny Gorelick (Improv Everywhere) turns 35 with performances by Chris Tyler, Vinny DePonto, and Jo Firestone, plus tarot readings, a haunting, and a spooky fog machine. (Monday, Legion Bar, FREE)
2. Don’t back down at the Monday Night Tribute: Tom Petty, with various performers covering Tom Petty songs, with a Heartbreakers tribute band as backup. (Monday, C’mon Everybody, $10)
3. Enjoy the happiest of hours at the Skyliner IPA Launch, where four different Braven beers will be half-priced from 7-8pm, plus early give-aways of Braven swag as well. (Tuesday, Heavy Woods, FREE)
4. Rock out for PR at Puerto Rico Benefit, where all door proceeds will go to El Local in Santurce, a venue in San Juan that has turned their space into a DIY soup kitchen, featuring a fantastic secret guest, Champagne Superchillin’ and BODEGA. (Tuesday, Alphaville, $10)
5. Laugh for a good cause at Harriet, where comedians Farah Brook and Blair Socci are back for the last time with a portion of proceeds benefiting the American Cancer Society. (Wednesday, Littlefield, $12)
6. It’s dungeons and disco at On the Fritz where an old school nerdcore roleplaying game of the ’80’s gets a disco remake, a story that develops on stage where the audience determines the actions of the characters and the dice decide the outcome. (Wednesday, Bizarre Bar, $10)
7. Feel all the feels at Swordraiser: Emo Story Time, the newest installment in their performance party series. See the premier of a new short play, compete in the Cards Against Humanity Tournament to win the “trophy” sword, sing live band karaoke and take home prizes. (Thursday, Gemini & Scorpio Loft, $10)
8. Embrace your filth on the dance floor at Dirty Thursdays: Baby Slut, a cyber-punk pastel messiah for those that want to push their style boundaries to super slut, adult baby or toxic kawaii (Thursday, House of Yes, FREE w/RSVP)
9. Make Mike Pence uncomfortable at Kweendom 2 Year Anniversary Show: two years of coming out jokes, horrible hook-up stories and pretending to not recognize each other on Grindr. (Friday, Pete’s Candy Store, FREE)
10. Face your fears with Queer Abstract, a monthly variety show highlighting QTPOC performers led by a question to probe and encourage with a curated variety of singers, dancers, comedians, writers and any creative interested in getting down. (Friday, Starr Bar, FREE)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!