[Ed note: Reminder, we now have a separate roundup for activism-focused events, which we encourage you to check out here.]
1. Learn about all the good graphic novels can do for the world at Comics as a Force for Social Change, with authors John Jennings, Damian Duffy, and Thi Bui. (Monday, Greenlight Books, FREE)
2. Watch weird animation late at night at Dirty Morning Cartoons, with dozens of strange shorts by Sick Animation, Leah Shore, Nick DenBoer, Felix Colgrave, and many more, curated by Cartuna. (Monday, Lo-Res Bar, FREE)
3. Hear a host of nontraditional voices at A Path of Their Own: Asian American Creatives, with presenters including producer Jaeki Cho, curator Hawa Arsala, composer Kavita Shah, content creator Jaysn Kim, and many more. (Tuesday, BRIC, FREE)
4. Prepare yourself for a plethora of knee-slappers at Punderdome 3000, everyone’s favorite wacky punning competition, hosted by Jo Firestone and her Rodney Dangerfield–impersonator dad. (Tuesday, Littlefield, $8)
5. Laugh it up in a bowling alley at Comedians You Should Know, with Chris Gethard, Matthew Broussard, Joe Kwaczala, Michael Palscack, David Drake, and more. (Wednesday, The Gutter, $5)
6. View a very eclectic variety show at Circus of Dreams, featuring Lindsee Lonesome, Took Edalow, Alexi Transparent, Jason Trachtenburg, Sarah Mullins, and many more. (Wednesday, Bizarre, $10 suggested)
7. Have an artful wander at Dumbo First Thursday, when galleries across the ’hood stay open late to host exhibit openings, artist talks, and live performances. (Thursday, Dumbo, FREE)
8. Be boggled by Shouting at the Screen, where comedians Wyatt Cenac and Donwill screen ’70s blaxploitation films and mock them from the peanut gallery the whole time. (Thursday, Alamo Drafthouse, $15)
9. Get smarter at The School of Making Thinking’s Pedagogy in Practice, with a dozen short presentations on topics like Hermetic alchemy, performative epistolary narrative, and the practicality of nonsense. (Friday, Wendy’s Subway, $10–$20 suggested)
10. Giggle shockingly at Electric Laughs, starring Rojo Perez, Sally Ann Hall, Brian Parise, Kendra Cunningham, and many more. (Friday, Franklin Electric, FREE)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!