1. Start your holiday week off with festive cheer at Yule Log 2.016, a daylong animation showcase featuring 50 short films from a diverse array of artists. (Monday, BRIC, FREE)
2. Laugh your way through the Night Train Holiday Spectacular, with a great lineup of jokesters including Michael Che, Nimesh Patel, and Joyelle Johnson, plus puppeteer James Godwin. (Monday, Littlefield, $5)
3. Show your love of words at the inaugural Ditmas Lit reading, with BuzzFeed Books editor Isaac Fitzgerald, Lambda Literary fellow Jeanne Thornton, satirist Gabrielle Moss, and poet Tommy “Teebs” Pico. (Tuesday, Sycamore, FREE)
4. Give this year a firm kick in the pants at 2016: A Regret-rospective, with burlesque, drag, and performance art from Peekaboo Pointe, Darlinda Just Darlinda, Sasha Velour, Iris Explosion, and many more. (Tuesday, Bizarre, $10 suggested)
5. Celebrate the solstice at Make Music Winter, with fab events all over Bk, from African Echoes in Dumbo to Flatfoot Flatbush to the migratory, interactive Winterise in the Brooklyn Botanic Garden. (Wednesday, varies, FREE)
6. Go glamorous at the final Shades of Burlesque of the year, featuring Essence Revealed, VooDoo Onyx, Tutu Toussaint, Southe ErnComfort, Sweet Lorraine, and CeCeBrownSugah Burlesque, plus jazz by the Harlem Strutters. (Wednesday, C’mon Everybody, $20)
7. Get into the holiday spirit at the X-Mas Music Video Party, where the Teenage Guide to Popularity will VJ holiday vids all night. (Thursday, Friends & Lovers, FREE)
8. Blast off at Astronomy on Tap, celebrating another rotation around the sun with talks by Brian Levine, Russel Taragan, TonyPiitucco, and Jackie Faherty on all things orbital. (Thursday, Way Station, FREE)
9. Hear hilarious book parodies at Literati, where comedians in costume do staged readings, tonight with Alexandra Song, Brian Faas, Madonna Refugia, Ian Stroud, and Joanna Simmons. (Friday, Union Hall, $6)
10. Dance it alllll out at Discotechnique: Holiday Disco, with a glitter-soaked dancefloor, a glamor beauty parlor, a mistletoe makeout booth, and DJs Kon and Eli Escobar keeping you moving into the wee hours. (Friday, House of Yes, FREE before 11)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!