[Ed note: Reminder, we now have a separate roundup for activism-focused events, which we encourage you to check out here.]
1. Call out of work and head to The Great American Eclipse Viewing to check out the partial astrological phenomenon with the Amateur Astrologers Association of NY—via telescopes with solar filters so you don’t get blinded by science. (Monday, Pioneer Works, FREE)
2. Laugh oddly at The Uncanny Valley, a new stand-up show in Greenpoint’s laundromat/pinball arcade hybrid, featuring Myq Kaplan, Ethan SP, Victor Varnado, Sarah Kennedy, and more. (Monday, Sunshine Laundromat, FREE)
3. Get boozily back to nature at Hoegaarden Greenhouse, a pop-up urban oasis featuring hanging garden and edible plant installations, live moss-graffiti art by Edina Tokodi, and music by Matt Bonasera. (Tuesday, Wythe Hotel, FREE)
4. Show your support for Brooklyn’s circus community at Circus Crisis, a fundraiser for the Muse starring Anya Sapozhnikova and Melissa Aguerre, Angela Butch and Yoni Kallai, Eric Walton, Ivory Fox, and more. (Tuesday, House of Yes, $15)
5. Have a splashy history lesson at the Gowanus Dredgers Battle Paddle, a canoe tour of the Battle of Brooklyn escape route on its 241st anniversary. (Wednesday, 2nd St Dock, FREE)
6. Test your S-K-I-L-L-S with W-O-R-D-S at We Bee Spelling, a comedy game show for human rights, with Courtney Maginnis supporting Planned Parenthood, Chris Calogero supporting the National Center for Transgender Rights, and more. (Wednesday, Union Pool, $10)
7. Unwind at Morgana, a relaxing after-work gathering with sunset views in the massive Brooklyn Mirage, with house music from Mira, Powel, Deep Jesus, Remove Hyphen, and Rao. (Thursday, Brooklyn Mirage, FREE)
8. Nerd out sexily at Dungeons and Drag Kings, with trivia, kink demos, drag, and burlesque by Lee VaLone, Maxx Pleasur, Iris Explosion, Fem Appeal, and more. (Thursday, Talon Bar, $10)
9. Let New York dance at BOOM Collective’s Dance Liberation Network, with a panel discussion about overthrowing NYC’s racist cabaret laws followed by a bunch of dancing, with DJ sets by Spinderella, Ali Coleman, Macy Rodman, and Adam R. (Friday, Secret Project Robot, FREE)
10. Do the hora at The Schlep Sisters Bat Mitzvah Party, celebrating 13 years as burlesque performers with Rabbi Fancy Feast and performances by Legs Malone, GiGi La Femme, Joshua Dean, and more. (Friday, Coney Island, $15)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply