[Ed note: Reminder, we now have a separate roundup for activism-focused events, which we encourage you to check out here.]
1. Have a raucous start to your week at Film Shoot Punk Show, where you can bid a fond farewell to the almost-closed Don Pedro, be an extra in a movie, and listen to Debbie Downer, Night Screams, Dead Sexy Sheila, Fruit & Flowers, and Bad Look. (Monday, Don Pedro, FREE / $5 after 9pm)
2. Watch something real weird at Horror Boobs Movie Night, where Matt & Mike do strange comedy and then screen Breakfast of Aliens — plus free beer. (Monday, Tender Trap, FREE)
3. Go down under at Anzac Day, a celebration of Australia right here on a Greenpoint rooftop, with games of Two-Up, Coopers beer and shot specials, sausage and spinach rolls, and more. (Tuesday, Northern Territory, FREE)
4. Belt it out at Just Divas Karaoke, an open sing and competition for the most Mariah, Cher, or Freddie Mercury out there — costumes encouraged; glitter and boas on hand. (Tuesday, Starr Bar, FREE)
5. Laugh it up at Sloop Jumbly, featuring comedy from Jerome Ellis, James Harrison Monaco, Ike Ufomadu, Amy Zimmer, Edy Modica, and more. (Wednesday, Vital Joint, FREE)
6. Diversify your dance consumption at Brass: Brown RadicalASS Burlesque, starring Ashley Brockington, Miss AuroraBoobRealis, exHOTtic other, Sister Selva, Joyce LeeAnn, Sweet Lorraine, and LaTrine. (Wednesday, C’mon Everybody, $15)
7. Get prehistoric at Taste of Science’s Dinos on Tap, a trivia quiz and live show hosted by Dustin Growick, with dinosaur pins and necklaces you can win. (Thursday, Way Station, $5)
8. Giggle at comically great ideas at BackFat Variety: Shark Tank Edition, where jokesters Martin Urbano, Drew Anderson, Elise Valderrama, and more present actual business ideas as funnily as possible. (Thursday, 61 Local, FREE)
9. Listen to literature in another language at Us & Them: A Writer/Translator Reading Series, featuring Esther Allen reading from Argentina, Katrina Dodson reading from Brazil, Eli K.P. William reading from Japan, and Katrine Øgaard Jensen reading from Denmark. (Friday, Molasses Books, FREE)
10. Have a totally tubular start to your weekend at That Big ’80s Party, with DJ Dave Paul breaking down and reconstructing everyone’s favorite decade of nostalgia. (Friday, Brooklyn Bowl, $10)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!