[Ed note: Reminder, we now have a separate roundup for activism-focused events, which we encourage you to check out here.]
1. Party the day away at Memorial Day Summer of Love at the Park, with dancetastic music, circus performances, sculptures and interactive art, play spaces, live painting, and even a pig roast. (Monday, Onderdonk House, FREE)
2. Embrace the spirit of the holiday at the 19th annual Memorial Day Concert, an outdoor performance by the ISO Symphonic Band, followed by trolley and walking tours. (Monday, Green-Wood Cemetery, FREE)
3. See sexy shorts at Make Love Not War: Erotic Animation From the Heart, a raunchy and historic program curated by Willy Hartland and his sexually liberated friends. (Tuesday, Nitehawk Cinema, $16)
4. Appreciate pairs at Tell Me More Tell Me More, a comedy karaoke show where duets of performers do stand up and then sing, with Josh Gondelman & Maris Kreizman, Alex Moffat & Caroline Kingsley, and more. (Tuesday, Threes Brewing, $5)
5. Luxuriate in verse at the Greenlight Poetry Salon, an evening of wine, poetry, and performance featuring Aziza Barnes, Safia Elhillo, Nathan McClain, and Rodney Jones. (Wednesday, Greenlight PLG, FREE)
6. Watch wild variety at Ophira & Adira, with comedy, music, and magic from Will Miles, Giulia Rozzi, Maeve Higgins, and Michael Holtzclaw, plus hostesses Ophira Eisenberg and Adira Amram and the Experience. (Wednesday, Union Hall, $8)
7. Get better at We’d Love to Turn You On, Beatles burlesque in honor of the 50th anniversary of Sgt. Pepper’s, starring Striker Posie, Cherrie Sprite, Special Delivery, Kizzy Lewdlow, and many more. (Thursday, The Well, $12)
8. Fall on black days at Loud Love: A Tribute to Chris Cornell, featuring The Falling Birds, Storm Kid, Lost Kingdoms, Lethal Affection, Glitterbox, and more. (Thursday, Knitting Factory, $12)
9. Deal with displacement at Island and Monster, the U.S. debut of Sheena Rose’s performance that reckons with her changing relationship to her home in the Caribbean. (Friday, MoCADA, FREE)
10. Dance yourself undead at the Zombie Beach Party, featuring a zombie-ification makeup station, brain-flavored treats, cocktails made of blood, ritual fire dancing, and much more. (Friday, House of Yes, FREE before 11pm)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!