The weather is finally cooling down, which means it’s out with the jorts and in with the jackets. Mmm, sweata weatha. ‘Tis the season to wander outside, enjoying equal parts cool air and warm sun. And here’s your excuse to do it: The Bridge Street Development Corporation is hosting a foodie crawl through Bed-Stuy!
In step with Spike Lee’s Netflix comeback, Bed-Stuy is getting another day in the sun with “Feast Bedstuy,” a 2.5-hour smorgasbord of shopping discounts, food & drink specials and good vibes along Tompkins Ave. between Halsey and Quincy Sts.
Making the most of a neighborhood crawl is all about timing, mapping and planning in advance. Luckily, we did that part for you:
This handy Google map has all participating shops starred. Here’s our suggested crawling order for you and your partner in crime:
– Start your evening off with a zing: $3 ginger beer from The Bush Doctor Juice Bar (307 Tompkins Ave.)
– Now that your gut is awake, fuel up for the evening at Brooklyn Kettle (420 Putnam Ave.), where you’ll get a free cake slice with any coffee purchase. Save the cake!
– Browse novelty wares at Tumbleweed General Store & Gallery (363 Tompkins Ave.), where everything $20 or more is 10 percent off.
– Stroll on to Peaches Hot House (415 Tompkins Ave.) for dinner, since it’s 10 percent off dine-in food — excluding alcohol, but you’ll get some of that later.
– Cake time. Enjoy your free slice from Brooklyn Kettle on a bench somewhere.
– Move it over to vintage mecca The Meat Market (380 Tompkins Ave.) for 10 percent off every thrift and vintage item you can get your hands on.
– Pick up a bottle for later at Bed-Vyne Wine & Spirits (370 Tompkins Ave.), where they’re doing free wine tastings and 10 percent off all wine and spirits.
– You made it! Toast to a crawl well done at Bed-Vyne Brew (370 Tompkins Ave.) or cocktail specials at Bed-Vyne Cocktail Bar (305 Halsey St.)
Go home with a full stomach, a nice buzz and a better sense of why you should be spending more time in Bed-Stuy. Oh, and you should register — it gets you an extra swag bag full of Bed-Stuy goodies!
Feast Bed-Stuy takes place on Tuesday, Oct. 11 from 6-8:30pm. It’s part of Bed-Stuy Alive, a week-long celebration of the Bed-Stuy’s rich history. For a complete list of upcoming BSDC events, visit their website.