1. Quit 2019 at Quitting Quitters, the final installment of the therapeutic comedy show, featuring special guests and friends revisiting cringe-worthy material. (Monday, Pete’s Candy Store, FREE)
2. Celebrate the last night of Hanukkah at Happy Rihannukkah, hosted by Jewess Mini Horrorwitz, with special guests Rara Darling, Jax, Bermuda, and DJ sets by Hannah Jew. (Monday, C’mon Everybody, $5-10)
3. Look up and out at the NYE Fireworks in Prospect Park for the 40th year of Brooklyn’s most spectacular fireworks celebration with live entertainment followed by the ‘works at the stroke of midnight. (New Years Eve, Grand Army Plaza Entrance, FREE)
4. Blast off into 2020 at The Big Bang with live music by Les Sans Culottes, Funkrust Brass Band, Preachermann and the Revival, with MC Tanya Solomon Magic, and more. (New Year’s Eve, Rubulad, $20-30)
5. Hack into the mainframe at Dancy Algorave and welcome 2020 with a roaring bash hosted by LiveCode.NYC with amazing DJs, crazy visuals, indie arcade games, and more. (New Year’s Eve, Wonderville, $20)
6. User in a new era at the Slavic Soul Party to the sound of Balkan Soul Gypsy Funk with the raw power of collective arithmetics, and some screaming at midnight. (New Year’s Eve, Barbès, $20)
7. Drag yourself into 2020 at Bushwig NYE for three levels of New Years’ tidings and dancings for an interplanetary NYE, with DJs and performances all night long. (New Year’s Eve, The Sultan Room, $30)
8. Dance the night away at Cosmic Carnival 2020 and celebrate how far we have come, and look forward to this next era of existence together, with live acts, DJs, and a free champagne toast at midnight. (New Year’s Eve, The Deep End, $10-20)
9. Hip hop into the new year at The Rub NYE, the preeminent hip-hop dance party with DJ Eleven and DJ Ayres ringing in the new year with hip-hop, house, classics, and reggae, along with special guests. (New Year’s Eve, The Bell House, $35-40)
10. Do a bit of everything at BCD + 110 Studios NYE with an open skate jam on the cyclorama, DJs and live music, immersive environs, photo booth, chill-out lounge, and more. (New Year’s Eve, Bushwick Community Darkroom, $20)
11. Wash away 2019 at the New Year’s Day Polar Bear Plunge and help raise money while plunging into the Atlantic for a chilly morning awakening. (New Years Day, Coney Island, FREE and donation-based)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply