1. Bingo is the game-o at Fine Time Bingo with free hot dogs and popcorn. Numbers are called and you cross ’em off to win prizes – like a $25 bar tab. (Monday, Fine Time, FREE)
2. Make room in your closet at Thrift ON! Clothing and Stuff Swap Party and bring your old clothes and stuff to donate, and take home items for free while DJ Shakey and special guests play throwback tunes. (Monday, The Keep, FREE)
3. Have a punderful time at Punderdome, a pun competition created by a Rodney Dangerfield impersonator and his alleged daughter, Jo Firestone. (Tuesday, Littlefield, $10)
4. Dance without fear at Prohibition Tuesday, because last week we witnessed the historic repeal of the NYC Cabaret Law, and after 91 years dancing is finally legal in NYC. (Tuesday, House of Yes, FREE)
5. “Would you rather,” gets real at Arguments and Grievances, with this month’s topics including Mario Bros vs. Cohen Bros, touchy vs. feely, eat pray love vs. gym tan laundry, and more. (Wednesday, Pine Box Rock Shop, FREE)
6. Say adieu at the last Circus of Dreams for a very long while. With who-knows-what’ll-happen performances by Lindsee Lonesome, Matthew Silver, Fritz Donnely and many more. (Wednesday, Bizarre Bar, $10)
7. Don’t believe your eyes at The Neuroscience Behind Illusions & Brain Puzzles where Profs. Susana Martinez-Conde and Stephen Macknik present a smorgasbord of mystifying images and explain just why we think we see the things we see. (Thursday, Genspace, $5)
8. Open your heart at The Allie Pinel Project, a dance and talk show in which the audience is invited to share feelings in real time. Through exes, special guest interviews, and sing and dance alongs, Allie will take you on a journey to help you find real love and repair your broken heart. (Thursday, Vital Joint, $10)
9. See hardcore photography at Matinee: All Ages on the Bowery and join photographer Drew Carolan and some of his photography subjects to share stories and insight into the early days of hardcore punk on the Bowery in New York City. (Friday, Rough Trade NYC, FREE)
10. Go for the weird, stay for the funny at Comedy By Proxy, a secret comedy show where performers are openly encouraged to do the weirdest things they can think of. It’ll be messy, it’ll be weird, and it’ll definitely be unforgettable. (Friday, David Blaine’s The Snakehouse, FREE)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!