1. Make Spring blossom in your apartment at the Seed Starting Workshop, because it’s time to start sewing seeds if you want to harvest by mid-summer/fall, and you’ll learn how best to plant and keep them growing in this class. (Monday, The Living Gallery, $20)
2. Look good laughing at Razzle Dazzle, a magical Monday night comedy show featuring Chloé Hilliard, Rob Haze, Casey James Salengo, and many more. (Monday, Cape House, $7)
3. Soylent Green is trivia at Movie Trivia Night with five different movie topics in one night, including written and picture rounds to win drinks and prizes. (Tuesday, Syndicated Bar, FREE)
4. Stare at the stars at Astronomy Night, where the library will set up their telescope every Tuesday in April to get ready for the darkening skies and see what’s really out there in space. (Tuesday, Red Hook Library, FREE)
5. Watch Bowie in space at Little Cinema Presents: The Man Who Fell to Earth, which remixes and reimagines the sci-fi masterpiece, and also features live music by musicians who recorded and collaborated on Bowie’s final album. (Wednesday, Brooklyn Museum, $20 which includes museum admission)
6. See a battle of wits at Thick Wit Comedy, which brings the funniest comics from all five boroughs and delivers them to your doorstep for a good and funny time. (Wednesday, The Way Station, FREE)
7. Enter into Jenniferland at the Jennifer Vanilla In-Store & Signing, where Jennifer (Becca Kauffman of Ava Luna) will perform her commercial-inspired vocalizations paired with reconstructions of 90’s house tracks. (Thursday, Rough Trade, FREE)
8. Sit in the splash zone at The Mess with Jesse Roth, part solo show and part variety show curated by Jesse featuring her performances, performances with her friends, and performances by just her friends. (Thursday, Vital Joint, $5)
9. Grow your beard for Lumbercon Presents: Wooden It Be Nice XIV with stand up, characters, sketch, and improv. by OK Meatplace, All Tens, Thank You Robot, and more. (Friday, Legion Bar, FREE)
10. Watch your phrasing at Danger Zone: A Burlesque Tribute to Archer, bringing you deceptively stupid and offensively attractive secret agents taking you along on this rampage of liquor, ladies, and lapses of taste. (Friday, Bizarre Bar, $10 suggested)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply