1. Raise money and dance at the Greene Hill Food Co-op Fundraising Party for the member-owned-and-operated co-op. With live music by bluegrass musician Morgan O’Kane, blues and folk artist Mamie Minch, plus tunes from DJ Dirtyfinger. (Monday, C’mon Everybody, $20)
2. Get the blues at British Japanese Acid Punk Blues where Tokyo Tramps bring Japanese punk sensibility to the stage, and Bees Deluxe drags the Chicago blues kicking and screaming into the 21st century. (Monday, Freddy’s Bar, $5)
3. You’ve got male at Inside the Male Brain: Toxic Masculinity and #MeToo for a deeper look into the cultural, psychological, and sociological forces driving deleterious male behavior and discuss upending expressions of toxic masculinity. (Tuesday, Brooklyn Historical Society, $5)
4. It’s a blur at Don’t Think Once – An Unpredictable Comedy Show where the format changes every month and rotates between stand-up, storytelling, musical comedy performances, sketch comedy, and more. This month’s theme is the Black Avengers. (Tuesday, Union Hall, $8-12)
5. Bike with others at L Train Bike Train, a weekly group morning bike commute in preparation for the L Train shutdown and throughout 2019 until the L Train is back in service. (Wednesday, Williamsburg Bridge, FREE)
6. Money matters at What the 401(k)?! and demystify this retirement perk, go over how to decipher your investment options and get you ready to allocate your portfolio like a boss. (Wednesday, New Women Space, $28)
7. Be inspired at the Moniker International Art Fair with some of the world’s most renowned urban and contemporary artists, including a documentary screening on female graffiti artists and a talk on the legacy of 5 Pointz. (Thursday-Sunday, Greenpoint Terminal Warehouse, $15-30)
8. Bee sweet at The Language of Flavor in Honey, an guided, interactive tasting flight of six limited harvest honeys and learn how to choose the ideal foods to complement and contrast any flavor of honey. (Thursday, Museum of Food and Drink, $30)
9. Fight for your right to party at A Galaxy Far Far Away Silent Disco. Pull out your lightsaber, don your Darth Vader helmet, and battle it out on the dance floor for three live DJs spinning three channels of music to choose from all night long. (Friday, The Well $15-25)
10. May the fourth be with you at Star Wars Movie Night, where they’re screening Episode VII and VIII, The Force Awakens, and The Last Jedi. So buckle up for an epic story. (Friday, Gemini & Scorpio, $10 suggested)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply