1. Showcase your art celebrating women at Bring Your Own Art and hang it on the walls to sell, while various performances occur throughout the night. (Monday, The Living Gallery, FREE)
2. Admit you have a problem at Capitalism Self-Help, where a rogue conversation and group exercises about Capi (the embodiment of capitalism) will take place at the cafe in IKEA, with time for shopping afterwards. (Monday, IKEA, FREE)
3. Get jam packed jokes at One Liner Madness benefitting Shelter Chic Animal Rescue, where 64 comedians give their best one liner and the audience determines the winner in a bracketed single-elimination tournament. (Tuesday, Littlefield, $10)
4. Hear some interesting speakers at Two Minutes to Late Night, which is taping an episode of their podcast live, with guitarist Gina Gleason (Baroness) and rapper Contessa Stuto. (Tuesday, Saint Vitus, $5)
5. Flip it and reverse it at Take Two Storytelling, where storytellers share one true story with two endings: “one the way it actually happened, the other where they rewind time to make it all turn out differently.” (Wednesday, C’mon Everybody, $5)
6. Strike a pose at House of Vogue, which you may think you know from Madonna, but actually has history in the urban black and latino gay and trans communities, with performers competing for $300 in prizes. (Wednesday, House of Yes, $10-15)
7. Tackle tax time at Juggling Taxes for Freelancers where they’ll help you maximize your refund if you’re self-employed, file 1099s or a Schedule C. Pre-register to qualify for $5 off the juggling class immediately after the workshop. (Thursday, The Muse, FREE)
8. See rapping grandmas and more at Force Majeure Vaudeville, which showcases variety circus stars, burlesque, and a general mix of weird, funny and lewd. (Thursday, Cobra Club, $10-15)
9. Protect yourself at Women’s Self-Defense Class, where you’ll learn techniques to protect your body in case of a physical altercation, and ways to reduce your chances of being in one to begin with. (Friday, Traditional Okinawan Karate, FREE)
10. Have some Friday night laughs at Silver Linings Comedy Show, showcasing prominent performers in the comedy scene, featuring Zach Sims, Daniel Simonsen, Jordan Jensen and other funny people. (Friday, Precious Metal, FREE)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply