1. Put your mind over matter at Empiricist League 21: Mind Hacking, featuring insights from psychology and neuroscience on how virtue, partisanship, and empathy affect the ways we think, feel, and act online and in the real world. (Monday, Union Hall, $10)
2. Pick sides at Totally 90’s Trivia: Disney Vs. Warner Bros., an animation face off of your 90’s favorites as the hosts Disney versus the WB. Plus, there will be a screening of Who Framed Roger Rabbit before trivia kicks off. (Monday, The Way Station, FREE)
3. Submit your films at Shag Carpet Auteur Movie Nite, where an eclectic variety of videos and short films of five minutes or less will be presented. And, sign yourself up to show a commercial you’ve been in, your acting reel, or a snippet from a home movie. (Tuesday, The Footlight, FREE)
4. Do what the title says at Laugh Your Ass Off & Support Gun Safety, a benefit to (you guessed it) support gun safety and prevent gun violence, with David Cross, Jon Glaser, Selena Coppock, George Gordon, and more. (Tuesday, Littlefield, $8-10)
5. Dive deep at Invisible Water, Invisible Watersheds: The Gowanus Canal as a Case Study for a discussion of urban ecology, stressed city ecosystems, and innovative design solutions. (Wednesday, Brooklyn Historical Society, $5)
6. Color outside the lines at Drink & Draw where they’ll provide drawing materials (or bring your preferred medium), wine, and a art model for you to sketch. (Wednesday, The Living Gallery, $10)
7. Get your hands dirty at ArtBrewt: Papier Machê Masks, where you can BYOB and engage in a very hands-on workshop to mold masks with a classic childhood material: papier–mâché. (Thursday, Paradice Palase, $10)
8. Explore the Philippines and Northern India at The Thing to Miss Most, where two artists weave together poetry, scent and movement, creating a multi-sensory experience, weaving insights from the feminine immigrant experience. (Thursday, Areté Venue and Gallery, $15)
9. Get blazed for High Ponytail, aka a very special 4/20 edition of Side Ponytail featuring Catherine Cohen, Steven Markow, Clare O’Kane, and more. (Friday, Friends & Lovers, FREE)
10. See a range of talent at The Creative Canvas Tour that has hand picked the best fashion designers and visual and performance artists to come together for a creative spectacle, plus live music and an interview portion with the artists. (Friday, Legendary Republic, $20-32)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply