1. Watch the greatest rock movie you’ve never seen at Monday Night Movie, where they’ll screen the iconic proto-riot grrrl ’80s cult classic Ladies and Gentlemen, The Fabulous Stains. (Monday, The Bronze, FREE)
2. Howl with laughter at the Animal Show, a monthly standup show featuring some of Brooklyn’s best comedians, this week including Marissa Goldman. (Monday, Vital Joint, $5)
3. Join Joe Crow Ryan at his famous Tuesday Night Open Mic with all types of performance art encouraged and welcomed. (Tuesday, Little Skip’s, FREE)
4. Don’t play around in Manuel vs. the Statue of Liberty, where an illegal immigrant must fight the Statue of Liberty in a high stakes boxing match for his green card. (Tues-Wed, The Gallery Players, $10)
5. Eavesdrop on the conversation at the Beautiful/Anonymous Podcast hosted by Chris Gethard, where he tweets out his phone number and takes the first call that comes in. (Wednesday, The Bell House, $15)
6. Watch the dating game in real life at The Backfatlorette, “where four New York comedians compete in challenges to win an all-expenses paid date with a hand-picked Brooklyn bachelorette.” (Wednesday, Union Hall, FREE)
7. Go back in time at Visually Speaking: The People’s Photographer bringing together Joseph Rodriguez and Jamel Shabazz and their photographs of Spanish Harlem and Brooklyn during the 1980s. (Thursday, Brooklyn Public Library FREE)
8. Tap into your femininity at the Wild Woman Tribe and “enjoy live art, music, fashion, food, wellness, dance and more followed by a relaxing, energy healing soundbath.” (Thursday, Gemini & Scorpio, $35)
9. Laugh for democratic socialism at Paid Protest, which will be raising money for NYC-DSA’s Housing Working group with comedy unrelated to houses. (Friday, Starr Bar, $10)
10. Sense the other side at Spirit Seance with Reverend Paul Beaudet and “connect with loved ones and guides on the other side of life, and receive messages channeled through a professional Medium.” (Friday, Catland, $15)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply