1. Dig life at the Dia De Los Muertos Party. Featuring a community altar, picado crafts, food and drink, this event will explore the meaning, significance, and foods behind this Mexican tradition. (Monday, Museum of Food & Drink, $35)
2. Get your cowboy boots on for Americana Monday, featuring new and upcoming singer/songwriters. (Monday, Knitting Factory, FREE)
3. Get cheesy by celebrating the 67th Anniversary of Junior’s Cheesecake. With any lunch or dinner entree, you can indulge with a slice of their traditional plain cheesecake for only 67 cents. (Tuesday, Junior’s Cheesecake, $10 and up)
4. Unleash your inner Comic Book Guy at Simpsons Trivia Night, with multiple rounds and Simpsons episodes, plus prizes for the top score and team name. (Tuesday, Gutter Bar, FREE)
5. Forget the difference between naughty and nice to learn about The Nasty Woman Stigma. In this spirited discussion, panelists dig into a history of the mischaracterization of women. (Wednesday, Brooklyn Historical Society, $5)
6. Consume monastery beer at Trappist Beer Travels Book Event. The authors will be in-house sharing some of their adventures, talking Trappist beers and brewing, and answering questions. (Wednesday, Torst, FREE)
7. Learn something new at The History and Future of Green-Wood’s Landscape. Matthew Urbanski is the lead landscape architect of Brooklyn Bridge Park, and will discuss the concepts and challenges of working at Green-Wood and other historic sites. (Thursday, Green-Wood, $20)
8. Shame misogynists at Dudes Being Dudes Being Dudes. This comedy show features no actual straight dudes, just women and LGBTQ folks dressing up in dude drag. (Thursday, Halyards, FREE)
9. Get your hair did for Hair Club: A Best Hair Variety Show, with stand-up, characters, improv and a video screening. (Friday, Vital Joint, $5)
10. Marriage is a laughing matter at Wedlock with Kurt and Karen, meaning Kurt Braunohler and Lauren Cook. Also featuring Corinne Fisher and Krystyna Hutchinson, part of the NY Comedy Festival. (Friday, Union Hall, $15)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!