Jetsetter, the luxe hotel discount site that makes us weep for Machu Picchu hideaways and beachfront huts in Bali, features its first Brooklyn property this week, and it’s the NU Hotel at Smith and Atlantic. For four more days, you can book NU Hotel rooms on Jetsetter for $116 (normally $179 and up elsewhere). We haven’t stayed there, cause we live here, but at these prices (and solid NU Hotel reviews on TripAdvisor), we’ll suggest it to our parents / cousins / friends. Those Jetsetters love this 93-room gem because, and we quote:
- This rate includes continental breakfast
- Located at the intersection of four Brooklyn neighborhoods: Downtown, Boerum Hill, Cobble Hill and Carroll Gardens
- Sunny, eco-friendly rooms that feel spacious
- Sonos satellite radio pumped through in-room ceiling speakers
- Writing love notes and anecdotes on the bathroom chalkboard
- The lobby bar happy hour, from 4 to 7 p.m., for half-priced beer and wine
- Using the basement fitness center at any hour of the day
- Being only a 20-minute subway ride away from Manhattan; hotel is in walking distance to the A, C, F, G, N and R trains
Some suites have hammocks, which could either be sexy or silly, depending on your skills. These rooms at $116 sound like a deal to us, as long as your guests don’t mind that prisoners are moving back into the Brooklyn House of Detention around the way. (Great people-watching!) And don’t forget to check out our Best Brooklyn B&Bs for under $150.
Leave a Reply
One Response to
I don’t think they know where Carroll Gardens is.