1. Work on your skills at Life Drawing, a three hour figure drawing session with a professional model where all skill levels are welcome to practice and develop your skills. (Monday, Old Stone House, $10-15)
2. Get roughed up at Horseplay Comedy, Greenpoint’s premier comedy show boasting elite comedic talent, fresh line ups and great food and drink specials. (Monday, Ponyboy, FREE)
3. Hear music with a view at Sunset Sounds with Myles Cameron who narrates stories about growing up looking different from everyone else in his stereotypical American suburb through his music. (Tuesday, Wythe Hotel, FREE)
4. Don’t have a cow at 90s Simpsons Trivia focused on the golden age of The Simpsons: the 1990s, with prizes for overall winner and best team name, plus a raffle with ever-changing and unique prizes. (Tuesday, Gutter Bar, FREE)
5. Develop yourself at Relational Meditation Blitz that will hone emotional intelligence, ignite new understanding, reveal blind spots, invigorate areas of our lives that may be dusty or overgrown, and promote compassion and understanding. (Tues-Sat, Chanda Lair, $15+)
6. Science and entertainment collide at How the Manifestations of Medical Diagnoses Have Shaped the Art World and explore how a pituitary tumor, REM sleep disturbances, prosopagnosia and syphilis have ultimately had profound impacts on art and music, while explaining the science behind these diagnoses along the way. (Wednesday, Biotech Without Borders, FREE)
7. Walk around at DUMBO’s First Thursday Gallery Walk and peruse galleries along the waterfront on your own or participate in an Insider’s Tour of exhibitions led by Jonathan Gardenhire. (Thursday, DUMBO, FREE)
8. Time travel with the retro-tech experience of Stereopanorama-rama and immerse yourself in the 1950s through incredible Midcentury 3-D photographs in your own high-quality restored vintage stereo viewer. (Thursday, City Reliquary, $15)
9. Have a “big talk” at Skip the Small Talk, and have more of the kinds of conversations you have late at night when you feel safe talking about the things you actually care about where everyone else is there for the same reason. (Friday, Friends and Lovers, $12)
10. See something funny and new at Always Happy Video Comedy Bop, a night of never-before-seen comedy videos and shorts, submitted each month by NYC’s top comedians and filmmakers, curated and hosted by Jed Feiman and Nehemiah Markos. (Friday, Brooklyn Bazaar, $5-10)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply