1. KonMari your old clothes at Thrift On Clothing & Stuff Swap and bring your gently used fashions and other goods to donate to the rummage tables, and take only the things that bring you joy. (Monday, The Keep, FREE)
2. Take in some sights and delights at SalON!: I Am A Beast With Eyes On All Four Sides, and fill the pockets of your mind with a variety of wealths of theater, story, image, information, knowledge, sound and nightmare. (Monday, JACK, $15)
3. Get finer with age at Women Of A Certain Age and join comedian and creator Carole Montgomery as she welcomes Fran Drescher and other special guests for a special filmed episode. (Tuesday, The Bell House, $25)
4. Have singles ready for Hunks: The Show, a high-energy performance showcasing some of the sexiest men as they sing, dance, and strip in choreographed routines to music and light shows. (Tuesday, Lucky 13 Saloon, $22)
5. Scrounge up some quarters for Alt.Ctrl Showcase II, where Death By Audio Arcade presents a showcase of four brand new arcade games by various game developers and creative technologists from NYC. (Wednesday, Secret Project Robot, $10)
6. Play detective for a night at A Wild West Murder Mystery Experience, where in between performances, players are set loose to interrogate shady suspects, search for clues, and solve puzzles in order to catch the murderer. (Wednesday, Brooklyn Bazaar, $22)
7. Go home with Winter Salon: Writers on Home, and meditate on the many meanings and experiences of home in conjunction with the special exhibition One: Do Ho Suh, where the readings end with a conversation among the writers. (Thursday, Brooklyn Museum, $16)
8. Knowledge is power at Science & Society No. 2: Knowledge for the People and grapple with the future of public knowledge in a changing technological and socio-political landscape. (Thursday, Pioneer Works, FREE)
9. Drink in the wine and words at Brooklyn Writers Space Reading Series features works and works-in-progress from community members who help give our borough its literary reputation. (Friday, Community Bookstore, FREE)
10. See the “supreme sixsome of silliness” at Ladies Who Ranch, a group of alternative female comedians who deliver thoughtful, character-driven bits that range from deranged to demented to delightful. (Friday, Brooklyn Comedy Collective, $10)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply