1. Drag yourself out to Comedy and Dragedy: A Variety Show Somewhere in the Middle, an outlandish show bringing together comedy and drag performers, with laughs, looks, impromptu dancing, and lip-syncs you’d swear were real. (Monday, C’mon Everybody, $7-10)
2. Bring up your ideas at the NYC Artist Coalition February Meeting as they strategize and report back on the #TalksNotRaids M.A.R.C.H. raids and collaborate on NYC AC actions and priorities with City Council Member Rafael Espinal Jr. (Monday, Flowers For All Occasions, FREE)
3. Unravel how daily commutes will be affected at ReversaL: A Public Forum on The Partial Shutdown of The L-Train, and join mobility experts as they discuss the future of the L-train, and how to reimagine mobility and transportation for cities. (Tuesday, Urban-X, FREE)
4. Sing your heart out at Emo Night 8-Year Anniversary, NYC’s longest running monthly DJ night playing the best in old school emo, punk & post-hardcore, with Norman from Texas is the Reason and other special guests. (Tuesday, Elsewhere, FREE)
5. Expend your mind at the Performance Philosophy Reading Group, and read exhilarating and thought-provoking texts from Performance Philosophy’s publications as a springboard into generative discussion and thought-experimentation. (Wednesday, CPR – Center for Performance Research, FREE)
6. You won’t believe your eyes at Homo Armageddon, a nonstop cornucopia of entertainment starring a new chicken in town, Rebecca Havemeyer, plus special guests Teena Geist, Storm Marrero, and more. (Wednesday, House of Yes, $20-30)
Take a deeper look during From the Vault: A Behind-the-Scenes Look at BHS’s Collection and take an exclusive look at rarely-seen artifacts from Brooklyn Historical Society’s collection with some of their most show-stopping and surprising objects. (Thursday, Brooklyn Historical Society, FREE) (We were informed this is a private event, sorry for the confusion.)
8. Game the system at Electric Literature Game Night, featuring the new game Papercuts, “a literary card game for the rude and well-read.” Think Cards Against Humanity meets Apples to Apples but literary. (Thursday, Paragraph Brooklyn, FREE)
9. Connect back to Tehran in the ’70s at Disco Tehran, a funky warm discothéque exploring groovy household throwbacks and rare music from the Middle East, Europe, Africa, and Latin America. (Friday, Baby’s All Right, $10-15)
10. Craft cocktails meets Iron Chef at The Cocktail Experiment, where you bring a liquid challenge: a bottle of something unusual for their pro bartender to turn into a one-of-a-kind cocktail. (Friday, Gemini & Scorpio Loft, FREE)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply