1. Get ready for riding season at Fix-Your-Bike Open Hours with all the tools and parts you need, plus the our volunteer crew will help you learn how to fix, care for, and upgrade your trusty bicycle. (Mondays, NYC Mechanical Gardens Bike Co-op, FREE)
2. Go back in time with The Jones Family Retro Show celebrating their one year anniversary of retro fun including characters, drag, live sketch, commercials, musical performances, puppets and more. (Monday, Knitting Factory, $12)
3. Allow yourself to be Vulnerable AF and encourage your most authentic self to emerge and safely expand the edge of your comfort zone through guided, intimate and meaningful conversations. (Tuesday, Lightning Society Lofts, $15-20)
4. View public speaking as art at YES Talks, a curated collection of their favorite brilliant geniuses, savants, innovators, story tellers and revolutionaries who we have brought together to share what they know. (Tuesday, House of Yes, $15)
5. Join the conversation for An Objective Media: Fact or Fiction, a discussion that challenges that notion and explores America’s long-standing romanticizing of what the media is and how it functions. (Wednesday, Brooklyn Historical Society, $10)
6. See highly acclaimed Canadian quintet Le Vent du Nord, whose members sing in French and play traditional Quebecois music that is heavily influenced by the sounds of the Celtic diaspora. (Wednesday, Littlefield, $25-30)
7. Amaze your friends and Learn Balloon Art: Making Plants and Animals, where professional balloon twister Atrina Lovekins will teach a class on balloon art starting with simple balloon flowers and working your way up to balloon animals. (Thursday, Bushwick, $?)
8. Don’t get confused with Pika Pika at PechaKucha Night, or “chitchat” in Japanese, a concise presentation style comprised of 20 slides at a duration of 20 seconds each presented by a diverse and eclectic group of designers. (Thursday, Kinfolk 94, $18)
9. Head to the roof for Field Day Fridays and tour the green roof and learn about Newtown Creek Alliance’s work to restore, reveal, and revitalize Newtown Creek and participate in community discussion. (Friday, Kingsland Wildflowers, FREE)
10. Learn to focus at Breathwork for Anger and breathe and connect with this week’s theme of anger to learn more about how it impacts our relationship to ourselves and others. (Friday, Devi Collective, $35-40)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply