1. See how you relate at Awakening Myth: An Intimate Evening of Story & Shared Wonder, an intimate evening that will begin with the telling of an ancient myth and flow into a group conversation about what this story reveals about how we relate to the world. (Monday, Fort Greene, $15)
2. Let it all go wrong at Technical Difficulties: A Show Where Tech Goes Wrong, where technical malfunctions are to be expected during alternative comedy from Colin Burgess, Sam Saulsbury, Maya Sharma, and more. (Monday, Vital Joint, $5)
3. Pick your favorite fruit at Fruit Basket: A Queer Comedy Show, a fab mix of the hottest queer stand-up comedians from NYC and beyond with a holiday-themed show. (Tuesday, 3 Dollar Bill, FREE)
4. Take it off at Comedy Ugly: A Stand-Up Comedy/Strip Tease Show, where a group of comedians take the stage and in between punch lines, tease the audience by taking off one article of clothing. (Tuesday, Easy Lover, FREE)
5. Meet someone new at The Joy List Social and connect with new people and share meaningful conversations, whether you’re new to NY or been here for years. (Wednesday, Etiquette Brooklyn, $15)
6. See the most wonderful show of the year at The House of Yes Xmas Spectacular, with more extravagant spectacles of irreverent festive nonsense that will have you loving the holidays like never before. (Wed-Sun, House of Yes, $30+)
7. Vote for Santa’s replacement at The Mister Santa Pageant and help Jo Firestone choose a new Santa at this last-minute emergency pageant. (Thursday, The Bell House, $15-18)
8. Reconnect with Nutcracker nostalgia at The Firecracker, but this time with fire, sparks and copious amounts of queer stuff from groundbreaking dance and special effects companies. (Thu-Sat, The Deep End, $15-20)
9. Learn about the significance of patterns at Mayan Exhibition & Shamanic Market, which will demonstrate works of art, clothing, ceremonial belts and modern Mayan clothing styles of the Tz’utujil Maya of Lake Atitlan. (Fri-Sat, Sacred Arts Research Foundation, donation-based)
10. Don your shiniest sequins to Dollylujah! A Celebration of Dolly Parton with Brooklyn’s Dolly Parton cover band Doll Parts for a holiday celebration of our love of Dolly. (Friday, The Bell House, $16)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply