1. Explore ways to reduce waste and re-use materials at 2020 Design Week through workshops, a recycling facility site visit, and a panel with leading experts from fashion, design, and local urban farming. (Mon-Fri, NYU Tandon School of Engineering, FREE)
2. Explore undiscovered parts of yourself at Vulnerable AF: Universes Within, and leave with new communication and intimacy tools, an authentic connection with yourself, a deeper connection with others, and more. (Monday, Lightning Society Lofts, $20)
3. Engage with others at Off the Dance Floor: Community Connections, a night of community connections with games and activities, dancing, and ways to meet new people off the dance floor. (Tuesday, X Marks the Loft, FREE)
4. Be silly at the Tim And Eric: 2020 Mandatory Attendance World Tour filled with brand new spoofs, goofs and insanity, including some very special surprises. (Tuesday, Kings Theatre, $42+)
5. Navigate tax season with Tax Tips for Freelancers, and learn about writing off business expenses to lower your taxes, how to take the home office deduction, and more ways to save you money. (Wednesday, Brooklyn Coop, FREE)
6. Hear amazing stories at Pop-Up Magazine, featuring a soap opera’s significance in post-Soviet Russia, flying saucers, learning to say what we mean, and even some cabaret. (Wed-Thu, BAM Gilman Opera House, $39)
7. Remember when you first fell in love at Celebrating Black History: Sonic Blacknuss, All About Love, and join Nia I’man Smith to the intersection of black music and memory while reliving the past, present, and future one song at a time. (Thursday, Brooklyn Free Speech, FREE)
8. All are welcome to party at Galentine’s: A Night to Celebrate Womxn Artists, an join the ladies of NYC’s budding brass scene with a line up featuring all-womxn performers, including music, comedy, spiritual readings, and photo opps. (Thursday, 3 Dollar Bill, $12)
9. Connect with others at High on Connection and move, share connect to yourself, and connect to others and rediscover the full range of expression that human connections lead to. (Friday, Daya Yoga Studio, $20)
10. Celebrate Valentine’s Day with romantic French Gypsy jazz tunes at Tatiana Eva-Marie & The Avalon Jazz Band and enjoy the smooth music with some wine and cheese in a relaxed nightclub setting. (Friday, On Stage at Kingsborough, $40)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply