1. Understand your rights at Copyright Basics for Artists and Creatives and discuss the basics of copyright law, what it does and does not cover, and steps you can take to help prevent copyright infringement of your work. (Monday, Freelancers Hub, FREE)
2. Learn to make remedies at Herbal Gift Giving and explore how to make a variety of herbal treats, including pestos using nutritive medicinal herbs, as well as hawthorn ketchup, calendula popcorn, and a slew of other fun creations. (Monday, Brooklyn Brainery, $15)
3. Cultivate your contacts at Futureproof Your Network, a workshop designed to help people establish a strong professional network by reflecting on their current relationships and blueprinting the network of their future. (Tuesday, Freelancers Hub, FREE)
4. Help feral cats and take the Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) and Colony Care Workshop and become a certified TNR caretaker after you learn the basics of TNR and colony care in this hands-on workshop. (Tuesday, Bushy Tails Pet Food and Supplies, FREE)
5. Let it all out at the Folk Open Sing and bring your voice, instruments, friends, neighbors, and children for a couple of songs or the whole evening. (Wednesday, Brooklyn Society for Ethical Culture, FREE)
6. Learn something (maybe) at Drunk Science Presents: Oceans and watch as three intoxicated comedians compete to present the best scientific dissertation to a panel of real scientists whose expertise is in this month’s theme: oceans. (Wednesday, Littlefield, $7-10)
7. Hear about the Cat Men of Brooklyn where animal blogger Peggy Gavan has gathered the most fascinating tales about some of Brooklyn’s most notable historical cats and their humans. (Thursday, City Reliquary, $?)
8. Become part of the show at Into the Woods: An Immersive Singalong and drunken singalong that casts the audience in speaking roles and ensemble singing alongside the actors, when fractured fairytales hit the stage with an epic story about wishes, family and the choices we make. (Thursday, Knitting Factory, $16)
9. Score a touch down at Sacred Touch Exchange, a blissful, platonic, nurturing, healing touch experience that includes a variety of healing touch modalities. (Friday, The Dancing Path, $30-40)
10. Say ten hail Marys at Hail Merry: A Queer Saints Pageant, a holiday celebration filled with comedy, music, and dancing with NYC’s living queer saints for a night that will bring you to your knees. (Friday, The Footlight, $10)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply