1. No experience, no problem at Fix-Your-Bike Open Hours, where the staff will put the tools right into the palm of your hands and give you whatever you need to take charge of your own mobility. (Monday, NYC Mechanical Gardens Bike Co-op, FREE)
2. Laugh with the ladies at Isn’t She Funny, a weekly comedy showcase bringing you a hot, hilarious, dude-free lineup, though dudes and non-dudes are most welcome. (Monday, Baby Grand, FREE)
3. Get far out at Psychedelics and Mindfulness in the Age of Narcissism, an interactive workshop asking what psychedelics and mindfulness can show us about our creativity, our ego and our connectedness, and what they mean for personal transformation and growth. (Tuesday, New Women Space, $20)
4. Dial up to Am I Write, Ladies?, an evening of work from women and gender non-conforming artists about chat rooms, catfishing, Tinder, memes, social media comment sections, the dark web, and more. (Tuesday, The Footlight, $10)
5. Learn something new at Intro to Embroidery Workshop for an evening of embroidery and self care, learning some basic embroidery stitches while discussing ways to chill and take care of ourselves. (Wednesday, Distill Creative, $45)
6. Turn that frown upside-down at Less Bitter, More Glitter, a stand-up comedy/sketch show combining Kendra Cunningham’s sardonic deadpan with Katina Corrao’s sweetly unhinged humor, soon to be recorded as a live album. (Wednesday, Threes Brewing, $10)
7. Hear something poetic at Riots in Writing, an evening of intergenerational poetry in honor of the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall uprising, as contemporary poets read works by queer elders alongside their own original writing. (Thursday, Brooklyn Museum, FREE with RSVP)
8. Have an egg-cellent night at Natalie Palamides: Laid, an egg-themed comedy show original in its concept as a surreal vision of motherhood, with lots of physical theater along with plenty of jokes. (Thursday, The Bell House, $20)
9. Learn to eat on lean at Backcountry Cooking & Nutrition, a course where you’ll learn how weight, storage, and cooking method will impact your planning and packing, the pros and cons of pre-packaged meals, and more. (Friday, Prospect Park, $5)
10. Watch the pros at Wondershow, a night of the most skilled performers in the business, featuring a stellar cast of magicians and mind-readers alongside the city’s most daring variety artists. (Friday, House of Yes, $39)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply