1. Start an artistic relationship with 16 One night Stands, where the opening features ink paintings, linoleum prints, and drawings that reinterpret music from the 15th and 19th centuries. (Monday, The Living Gallery, FREE)
2. Live out your comedic sleeping and dining fantasies at Joy’s Bed and Breakfast, where your host and proprietor, comedian Jessy Morner-Ritt, will indulge you in creature comforts as you enjoy stand up comedy and a slew of other performances. (Monday, The Glove, $8)
3. Launch your very own underground publication at Black and White Zines, which will provide you with all the materials you need to spread your counterculture, with a free drink thrown in. (Tuesday, Threes Brewing, $20)
4. Move into the affordable housing of your dreams with guidance from Churches United for Fair Housing, where experts on the process of applying for affordable housing units will be on hand to strengthen your application. (Tuesday, Our Lady of the Presentation Church, FREE)
5. Offer your best feedback at On the Same Page, where participants will receive samples of written works from members currently incarcerated at Rikers Island and are invited to provide feedback to be shared with the authors. (Wednesday, BPL Central Library, FREE)
6. Don your finest and creepiest formalwear for Cult Prom, a conceptual performance art show featuring music, dancing, contortionism, astrology, tarot, and more, so dress to impress. (Wednesday, Three Dollar Bill, $10)
7. Flock together at BiRDBRAiNS, a comedic performance centered around the psychoactive dreams of an island bird society, which features dance, music, and flight. (Thurs-Sat, The Deep End, $15)
8. Get in the game before anyone else at the NYU Game Center Student Showcase, which will open its doors for members of the eager public to test their meddles on its students’ latest creations. (Thursday, NYU Game Center, FREE)
9. Attend the most prestigious award show for divas and deviants at Hail Mary: Our Queer Saints, where your hosts will submit their choices and stories for queer canonization into sainthood. (Friday, The Footlight, $5)
10. Laugh, jam, and button mash at the first-ever WonderFunny ComedyCade, where in addition to comedy and independent arcade cabinets, there will be synth performances, tournaments (with prizes!) and raffles all night. (Friday, Wonderville, $10)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply