1. Look it up at Wikipedilove Live, a live show consisting of original musical comedy and interviews about true life stories of sex and love, from both the human and animal kingdom. (Monday, The Footlight, $5)
2. What’s bad is funny at In Bad Taste, a stand-up comedy and variety show about anything and everything that could be considered bad taste, from Smash Mouth to Creed to Coconut LaCroix. (Monday, Vital Joint, $5)
3. Beat this year’s sniffles naturally at Herbs for Cold and Flu Season, and learn herbal allies to help boost your immune system along with plants for soothing a sore throat, reducing fever, with natural anti-viral and anti-bacterial support. (Tuesday, Catland, $20)
4. LOL IRL at Physically Bold Comedy Show: 2 Year Anniversary, a fast-paced comedic variety hour hosting some of the best comedic talent with a special celebration show for their two-year anniversary. (Tuesday, Pine Box Rock Shop, FREE)
5. See a bit of everything at The Jones Family Retro Show: Holiday Spectacular, where two sisters who are rock and roll drag kings and present characters, drag, live sketch, commercials, musical performances, burlesque, puppets, and more. (Wednesday, Knitting Factory, $12-15)
6. Get your cards ready for Pop! A Bingo Party: Bingo, Actually, and keep the holiday spirit going strong with a celebration of the best (and worst) holiday films and TV-specials between rounds of bingo. (Wednesday, Parklife, $2 per card)
7. Reduce your 2018 anxieties to a pile of smoldering ashes at the Burning of Grievances, a cathartic effigy burning during a brass band-tastic, mask-wearing, parasol-twirling parade. (Thursday, DUMBO, $3-10 suggested)
8. You and Your Lady Gems, a celebration and appreciation of women and art, with an open mic, live art, performances, vendors, and more. (Thursday, Rubulad, $5-10)
9. Dance Lab: Solstice Edition, where you’ll be joined by Juliet Rabia for a journey into the ancient dance of Sufi Whirling, followed by an ecstatic dance with DJ 2Melo. (Friday, X Marks the Loft, $20)
10. Dylan & Neil Save Christmas 2: 2 Christ, 2 Mas, best buds who are called on once again to save Christmas in this sequel to their sold-out show from 2016 in the tradition of “A Donnie & Marie Christmas.” (Friday, Muchmore’s, FREE)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply