1. Learn about magic mushrooms at Psychoactives for Plebs, where you’ll find relatable and informative discussions on substance use for non-psychonauts and average people. (Monday, Caffeine Underground, FREE)
2. Keep the fire burning at Black Flame, which will put the spotlight on black queer comedians and their spirit, featuring Alysia Brown, Jess Henderson, Justin Covington, and more. (Monday, Mood Ring, FREE)
3. Tech it out at the Tech Workers Coalition General Meeting, and recap this week’s #NoAmazonNYC rally and discus future plans to organize around HQ2, and more around growing the tech workers movement. (Tuesday, Verso Books, FREE)
4. Honor your mind, body and spirit at Guided Meditation Circle and allow yourself to relax, release, and open, utilizing breath and techniques to be induced into the state between waking and sleep. (Tuesday, Catland, $5)
5. Let your freak flag fly at February Freakshow, and show off an abnormal talent, skill or ability in front of a panel of judges, where the best act wins $100. (Wednesday, Colony 274, $5)
6. Tell us where you’re from at My Hometown, and hear from comedians who have moved to NYC talk about their hometowns, and native New Yorker hosts Ilana Michelle Rubin and Lana Schwartz want to hear it all. (Wednesday, Union Hall, $8-10)
7. You won’t be the odd-man out at Strange Love Readings, the 2nd annual anti-Valentine’s Day reading of poems and stories of bizarre attachments and odd infatuations from local writers. (Thursday, Pelican Bar, FREE)
8. See Will Butler from Arcade Fire and more at Pop-Up Magazine’s 2019 Winter Issue, where contributors tell vivid, never-before-told, multimedia stories accompanied by illustration, animation, photography, and an original score performed onstage. (Thursday, BAM, $36)
9. Make a splash at Stories From People Who Pooped Their Pants, where comedians will bare their souls and butts and tell the stories of how they didn’t make it, plus a chance to win a Squatty Potty. (Friday, Friends & Lovers, FREE)
10. Find out if NYC is still the center of the art world at Downturn New York, and join a panel discussion on the topic of NYC losing its mantle if artists can’t afford to live and work here anymore. (Friday, The Brooklyn Rail, FREE)
Prepare to fall in love! The Greenpointers Vintage Rose Valentine’s Market is happening this Sunday, February 10 from 1-7pm at The Greenpoint Loft (67 West Street), and there’s going to be plenty of Brokester friendly fun things to do including getting TWO FREE drinks courtesy of Cinch! Be transported to a simpler time (before swiping right) with 60+ vendors, live music, locally made refreshments, and FREE activities for (literally) everyone including henna tattoos, nail art, poetry, flower crown making, dream catcher workshops, 3D avatar creation, and more~ Whether you need a gift to sweep that special someone off their feet or just want to get your DIY on, mark this on your calendar and don’t miss it! Free to enter! RSVP HERE!
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply