1. You’ll have plenty to talk about at I Don’t Want to Interrupt You Guys, a shared evening of three pieces in conversation, featuring live performances titled Maximum, We’ll Have Clean Walls, and Hand Poems. (Tuesday, Jonah Bokaer Arts Foundation Studio, $10)
2. Crack a smile, Always Happy Video Comedy Bop is celebrating one year of never-before-seen comedy videos and shorts submitted each month by NYC’s top comedians and filmmakers. (Wednesday, Brooklyn Bazaar, $5)
3. Walk into a ray of light at Madonna: The Videos Reimagined, where comedians come together to honor and recreate Madonna’s iconic videos however they envision, hosted by Steven Polletta. (Wednesday, Littlefield, $8-10)
4. Join queer magic practitioners at Power Magic: A Queer Anthology Book Celebration, a launch showcasing storytelling, inclusive witchcraft, and queerness. (Thursday, Catland, $15)
5. Bitch about babies at Sh!t Show, where comedians like Ophira Eisenberg and Abbi Crutchfield will lament about their decision to have children and the sh!t they have to put up with (of course, in the most loving way). (Thursday, Union Hall, $8)
6. No preparation needed for the Live Composition Festival, a two-day celebration of spontaneously created performances, with multiple acts each night, and an open jam with performers from all over the world. (Thurs-Fri, Gemini & Scorpio Loft, $6-20)
7. The creators don’t even know what to expect at Marginal Consort, a Japanese collective improvisation group who meet annually since 1996 and discuss nothing with each other before their performance, giving horizontally organized solos rather than a goal-oriented ensemble. (Friday, Pioneer Works, $20)
8. Get shwifty at Interdimensional Burp-lesque, a burlesque tribute to Rick and Morty that will open portals to places you can barely imagine and squanch all your wildest dreams. (Friday, Bizarre Bar, $10)
Plus, gear up for Greenpoint Open Studios (GOS) on June 2 + 3 this week! What is GOS? Greenpoint Open Studios is a grassroots organization that aims to provide a free and open platform for local arts that builds, sustains, and supports the thriving creative community in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. For one weekend, hundreds of artists and designers open up their studios to the public to showcase work in a wide range of mediums. Learn more about the weekend event here.
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply