1. See it on the big screen and Bring Your Own Film to an informal space for filmmakers to show smaller projects, works-in-progress, or anything that might not have a home yet, with cheap beer and free popcorn. (Monday, Shoestring Studio, FREE)
2. Get your thrills ‘n chills at Buttz ‘n Gutz for a night of burlesque, live music, comedy, side show delights, raffles, prizes, games, and more. (Monday, Bizarre Bar, $donation)
3. It’s not sugar-coated at The Not-So-Sweet History of Sugar and uncover the fraught history of one of our most prevalent ingredients, from its role in catalyzing colonialism and slave trading, to its current contributions to health crises. (Tuesday, Brooklyn Historical Society, $10)
4. Laugh and sing at Grandbaby Comedy & Karaoke, a stand-up comedy show featuring Ryan Beck, Harris Mayersohn, and Blair Dawson. Stay for free karaoke after the set. (Tuesday, Baby Grand, FREE)
5. Get buzzed during Drink & Draw where they provide drawing materials, wine, and a live figure drawing model. Note: the event is BYOB and supplies are also welcome. (Wednesday, The Living Gallery, $10)
6. Let it all out at Hot Mess: Drag Competition, a night of drag queens, kings, queerdos, and weirdos as every kind of performer in the drag universe does whatever it takes to shock and amaze you. (Wednesday, House of Yes, FREE)
7. Go mad at House of the Hatter, an immersive walk-through exhibit, showcasing mind-bending attractions that are completely interactive and exist to challenge conventional thinking, like making music with water. (Thursday, Bed Stuy Warehouse Space, $29)
8. Spot those stripes at Where Did Waldo Go and see collages of Waldo’s most recent travels through time, space, and reality, after battling a drug addiction and his hide-and-seek fetish. (Thursday, Brooklyn Collage Collective, FREE)
9. Spread your wings during Creek Life: Birding By Boat for a high-tide canoe expedition to seek out the birds that live, feed, and fly over Newtown Creek. (Friday, North Brooklyn Boat Club, $5)
10. Hop the ferry from Brooklyn for Found Footage, an immersive installation about the mysterious disappearance of five crew members for Ghost Watch, a paranormal investigation show. (Friday, Governor’s Island, FREE)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply