1. Climb to the top for Rooftop Movie Monday and enjoy a movie once the sun sets with rooftop views. This week features Wild at Heart directed by David Lynch and starring America’s sweetheart Laura Dern…and Nicholas Cage. (Monday, Our Wicked Lady, FREE)
2. See a spectacle at Poncili Creation, SSS, Soul Worm, Larva, and take in the bright, fun and wearable creations and performance art the brothers of Poncili Creation make, along with electronic rockers SSS, and more great ‘n loud bands. (Monday, The Glove, $10)
3. Walk the runway in your new threads at Sparkle Swap with On the Fritz. Bring clean clothing you no longer wear and leave with something new to you, plus a cut ‘n paste clothing remixing booth, a few quick lectures on anything clothing related, and more. (Tuesday, The Footlight, FREE)
4. Hear jokes by young and (not so) old at Gold Comedy, featuring comedy’s current best and brightest and the funniest teens in town, featuring Jo Firestone, Ophira Eisenberg, Murray Hill, and more. (Tuesday, The Williamsburg Hotel, $10 includes a drink)
5. Wear what you got at the swap to Fashion Addicts Anonymous, a weekly community led forum diving into personal experiences of the fashion industry from a diverse group of consumers, makers, and industry professional participants. (Wednesday, Zero Waste Daniel, $10 suggested donation)
6. Join a music movement at Ecstatic Dance and enjoy a safe and inspiring space to dance without talking, drinking, and the nightclub vibe, and connect with yourself and other revelers. (Wednesday, The Williamsburg Hotel, $25)
7. Don’t worry because Nobody Died, a comedic storytelling show with comics telling true stories, this time they are not limited to a theme and anything goes, featuring Tommy Pope, Carolyn Busa, Petey DeAbreu, and more. (Thursday, Knitting Factory, FREE)
8. Have breakfast for dinner at The Breakfast Club Drinking Game, where actors recreate the movie live, and when you hear one of the buzzwords a bell rings and everybody drinks, plus the actors drink when their character names are said, so it can only go uphill as the night goes on. (Thursday, The Footlight, $15)
9. Don’t sing Andrew Lloyd Weber at Phantom of the Opera with Live Score, where Reel Orchestrette performs live to the silent classic Phantom of the Opera starring Lon Chaney. (Friday, Film Noir Cinema, $20)
10. Believe in burlesque at A Tribute to the History of Coney Island and see the long, rich, and colorful history of Coney Island as told through burlesque, featuring performances by Bambi the Mermaid, The Brides of Burlesque, Miss Coney Island 2018, Nasty Canasta, and many more. (Friday, Coney Island USA, $15)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply