1. Make something to dye for at the Tie Dye Workshop, and learn about the craft of tie dye with supplies to get dyeing, plus a free craft beer from the bar to sip while you create a multi-colored masterpiece. (Monday, StuyDYED, $25)
2. Celebrate with laughter at Butterboy 1: Year Anniversary Show, where Maeve, Aparna and Jo welcome comedians Janelle James, Joel Kim Booster, Joyelle Nicole Johnson, and more, with surprise special guests. (Monday, Littlefield, $10)
3. Venture into Manhattan for some crazy good deals at Qapital Ink, where you can get a free tattoo of your choice, swag, delicious food, photo booth, food truck, and guest appearances for good measure. (Tuesday, Daredevil Tattoo, FREE)
4. Drink it all in at Starry Night: A Night of Stargazing and Drinks and expect to see the Andromeda Galaxy, star clusters, and Uranus with local astronomer Irene. (Tuesday, Parklife, FREE)
5. Learn the secret to crisp apple sips at About Them Apples: Inside Brooklyn’s Cider Boom, where Condé Nast Traveler food and drink writer Craig Cavallo moderates a conversation about all things apple cider. (Wednesday, Brooklyn Historical Society, $10)
6. Get your popcorn ready for Circus: Wandering City, where the string quartet Ethel pays tender tribute to circus culture, performing an original score that dives into a largely immigrant American subculture, whose denizens overcame the odds to swing and soar. (Wed-Sat, BAM, $25+)
6. Light it up at the Downtown Brooklyn Gets Lit, a holiday lighting with performances by Mariachi Real De Mexico, Soul Tigers Marching Band, Brooklyn Ballet’s sneak preview of the Nutcracker, plus free hot chocolate. (Thursday, Albee Square, FREE)
7. Have a girls night out at Wine + Tarot, Minus Boys, and spend an enchanting evening with psychics and tarot readers for one-on-one tarot sessions to guide you through the spirit world. (Thursday, Brooklyn Paranormal Society, $25)
9. Make sure you’re covered at Legal Basics Every Artist Should Know, where a lawyer explains how to make money and stay protected as an artist, and you’ll learn about contracts, LLCs, copyrights and trademarks. (Friday, Powrplnt, $10-25)
10. Enter a new world at Little Cinema X Meow Wolf: Origin Story, the one-and-only immersive screening of Meow Wolf’s documentary, complete with live performances, video art, interactive crowd engagement, and live special effects. (Friday, House of YES, $30)
Want more? Check out our full events calendar and add your own event today!
Wouldn’t you love to have all these events in your inbox? Subscribe!
Leave a Reply